Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me how much a 68 camaro stock door, with manual glass window installed weighs?

thanks
Rob

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
My 1969 firebird doors weighed in a 87 lbs each, new ones 12 each!!!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, trying to see whats the easiest way to take out 200lbs from the car Rob

·
Registered
653 Posts
Did you make the windows function? Do you care to share some pics of how you done it. I have thought about doing this several times. I could get rid of 100 lbs on my new car.
x3 now u have to tell us..:smt084

·
Registered
586 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stock GM doors weighs 43 pounds and guts weigh 31 pounds a aftermarket Dynacorn door weighs 37.5 pounds. I have been weighing everything I have been putting on my car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fast Chassis in Mt Washington KY just put carbon fiber doors with power glass windows on my 68 camaro. The original doors weighed just over 90 Lbs without door panels. I will have to remove the new doors for paint. I will weigh them then. They used a street rod type aftermarket power window kit that eliminates the factory regulators. To keed the window mech from busting the light weight doors, they built a CM tubing frame to distribute the window weight and motor torgue across several mounting points in the door shell. It works slick and looks like it will last. I estimate that it saved 50 to 60 LBs total. Lexan would have been lighter but I wanted power glass windows. It's just the way I had to have it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
[I just had my lt door off my 69 camaro last weekend to rebuild the hinges. I would guess it weighs about 65lbs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts