Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

found this in the trade section not sure of the value or anything but who knows always wanted a 67 or 68 with a dz302 and 4 speed with 4.10:1 gears. but any who the price of them seems way to far off for me to ever own one.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey maybe I could offer to trade him my malibu lol

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Gonna take alot of work, money, and time to get that one running. Me personally I would rather buy one already done for a decent price and use it for awhile and sell it when I get tired of it. Most likely make some decent money off of it too.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
16,351 Posts
Its got a 12 bolt in it, not a 10 as he stated.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its got a 12 bolt in it, not a 10 as he stated.
good eye I thought it looked like a 12 bolt, not sure he knows what he has but also he seems high price wise for a roller? maybe I am wrong.

·
Smuck
4,863 Posts
If it were here in the northeast it would bring some decent coin.
clean rust free 8 foot squarebody beds from down south are bringing $2200 up here.

I just plunked down $500 for a clean no rot, rust free 93 Chevy pickup cab.
Could have fixed the cab I have but just didn't want to deal with it, plus I suck at body work.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
16,351 Posts
good eye I thought it looked like a 12 bolt, not sure he knows what he has but also he seems high price wise for a roller? maybe I am wrong.
I think its kinda high without lookin at it real good. If the quarters, trunk pan, roof n stuff are solid, it might be worth it.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think its kinda high without lookin at it real good. If the quarters, trunk pan, roof n stuff are solid, it might be worth it.
the trunk been cut up for the fuel cell, and front driver and passenger floor pans need replaced.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I find it odd he states it has an SS title. He also states the body is solid but it has floor patch panels with it?
yeah seen that and from looks of it the trunk floor was cut up for the fuel cell, not sure what would be special about an SS title? does not the vin spell out or is it the body tag for that year that tells if it is a SS.

·
Registered
12,392 Posts

found this in the trade section not sure of the value or anything but who knows always wanted a 67 or 68 with a dz302 and 4 speed with 4.10:1 gears. but any who the price of them seems way to far off for me to ever own one.
DZ is 69 only.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DZ is 69 only. But, I just read your words, not the ad yet.
it has no engine or trans and does not say what it came with but you are correct I believe.

When I was 18 I bought a 69 with a 67 front clip from a body shop in perrysburg OH for $500, it needed floors, door skins, and quarters pretty much a basket case. I picked up a good set of take of 69 fire bird rear quarters and got those on, then re skinned the doors with aftermarket skins and got floors from good mark. This was back in 1991 so most the parts came from donor cars and some bad re-pop parts, anyway never finished the car. The guy who was helping me do the work and storing the car sold it out from under me while I was in the army. Have no clue where it ever went but still know where the original 327 with a spun rod and main bearing is. lol It was a real RS 327 th400 car with a 12 bolt 4:10 posi rear from factory. It had a 305 in it out of a 80 monte carlo just to move it around, and that was the engine the guy storing it sold it with cause I still have the numbers matching 327 in storage in ohio lol. That was only thing I did not store at his house, he was dating my aunt and was a good body guy but they had a fight and he sold my car to get back at her. Any way I will never let go of the engine it is my trophy from the loss, he asked me about it a few times so he must know where the car went but it was a hog pog of parts and I was restoring it for my personal taste not as a numbers car any way. The original front clip was gone since it had been in a front end collision. that is as close as I got to having one. Now I am too old to start from scratch with a project car like that.

·
Registered
12,392 Posts
it has no engine or trans and does not say what it came with but you are correct I believe.

When I was 18 I bought a 69 with a 67 front clip from a body shop in perrysburg OH for $500, it needed floors, door skins, and quarters pretty much a basket case. I picked up a good set of take of 69 fire bird rear quarters and got those on, then re skinned the doors with aftermarket skins and got floors from good mark. This was back in 1991 so most the parts came from donor cars and some bad re-pop parts, anyway never finished the car. The guy who was helping me do the work and storing the car sold it out from under me while I was in the army. Have no clue where it ever went but still know where the original 327 with a spun rod and main bearing is. lol It was a real RS 327 th400 car with a 12 bolt 4:10 posi rear from factory. It had a 305 in it out of a 80 monte carlo just to move it around, and that was the engine the guy storing it sold it with cause I still have the numbers matching 327 in storage in ohio lol. That was only thing I did not store at his house, he was dating my aunt and was a good body guy but they had a fight and he sold my car to get back at her. Any way I will never let go of the engine it is my trophy from the loss, he asked me about it a few times so he must know where the car went but it was a hog pog of parts and I was restoring it for my personal taste not as a numbers car any way. The original front clip was gone since it had been in a front end collision. that is as close as I got to having one. Now I am too old to start from scratch with a project car like that.
Man that is a LOT of work since those cars should have been pretty plentiful in 1991!

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man that is a LOT of work since those cars should have been pretty plentiful in 1991!
not for $500 bucks lol but I was young and thought I could restore it in my spare time and have a nice car when done. I had very little money back then, hence why I joined the army my choices where not that great for a future back then.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In truth I should have bought the one I looked at a swap meet in southern OH where I bought my chevelle. There was a nice 67 with a gm crate engine and a th350 in it guy claimed it had a 12bolt but when looked under it was a 10bolt, it was a decent restoration, was nice but not numbers of course. He wanted 12k for it, I got my 66 for 10k at same swap meet and hind sight being 20/20 eh woulda coulda shoulda lol

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
In truth I should have bought the one I looked at a swap meet in southern OH where I bought my chevelle. There was a nice 67 with a gm crate engine and a th350 in it guy claimed it had a 12bolt but when looked under it was a 10bolt, it was a decent restoration, was nice but not numbers of course. He wanted 12k for it, I got my 66 for 10k at same swap meet and hind sight being 20/20 eh woulda coulda shoulda lol
I'd rather have a 66 chevelle over any camaro

1 - 20 of 39 Posts