Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas for my fast approaching build. I'm going to finally start working on it this weekend.

I was going to run the truck manifolds for the ease of plugs, but I'd really like the turbo headers. Anyone run a forward and up or down setup that can post pics? Also still undecided on a big single or twins, so bring them all on

·
Registered
917 Posts
Holley has cast manifolds that seem to work well if you need to go down and forward. Theres so many variable's to figure what what your aplication requires. Mine personall shit box (66 nova) after mocking shit up i need turbos mounted somewhat high cause it needs a verticle core A2A But the radiator is too tall to come out of cooler and over the radiator. So its coming from the bottom up to the throttle body. I have obx up and forward headers. You cant beat them for $550. Stainless works i think are nicer but twice as much. I know im supporting MR LEE but wanted to try for the price.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I made these for my Nova. Sort of a mid height header. I've test fit some Stainless Works on a 71 Chevelle but the collector was a little far forward for my liking. Nice stuff though. OBX has too big of tubing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
orward and up fabricated stainless. Plenty of room to acess the plugs. Someday I'd like to go forward and down ...just think it looks cleaner.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^I love that setup! are your fenders cut for the downpipe exits? Do you have braces for the downpipes?

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
One thing to keep in mind, your turbo needs heat to be efficient. Cast manifolds will dissipate heat slower than headers, which is a benefit to the overall performance of your set up. If you can fit the truck manifolds, I would run them. I'm running the hooker cast ls1 manifolds on my Chevy II build for that exact reason. If anyone could build themselves a header, I would probably qualify as that guy, and I chose the cast manifold. Btw, if you do go the header route, I have used a bunch of the different SW headers. Beautiful pieces.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts