Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After wrecking our first top sportsman car, we decided to build from the ground up and do something a little different. That's when we found a 67 Fairlane Gt, drove to Texas and brought this fairlane back to Utah and dropped it off to our great friend and part time chassis builder.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After getting the car to the chassis guy, we discovered the car wasn't going to be easily converted to a 6.0 chassis... that's when we lifted the body, and completely started from scratch with a large pile of moly.
We quickly learned that every time we dug deeper, there was more and more wrong with this car. It had a large amount of rust filled with bondo. The windows were falling out, doors had chunks of metal just laying behind the aluminum panels and were just rattling around. The list goes on. So needles to say, our ambitious goal of having the car track ready within 6 months was pushed back a little. (3 years)

·
Registered
761 Posts
shit dude, that mustang was nice..didn't know you wrecked it, that sucks. The Fairlane you have now i'm sure will be a real basass piece for sure..love those old Fords cars! Good luck!!!! What engine combo, other than a F3?

·
Dicking bimbos at home
13,721 Posts
Argh. I really want to see your car. Love those Fairlanes, but you can't attach pictures here. Host on photobucket and copy the links.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick info on drive train going in it
Engine:
638" with Bryant crank, crower rods, Ross pistons, 60mm roller cam., jessel belt drive, c460 heads worked over by Charlie Evans.
We have a superchargerstore gear drive and an f3r136 set up to spin the blower to 70,000 at 7500 rpm. We tune it with a bs3.
Trans is a mikes monster glide pro mod trans.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I like the build. Something a little different. Any idea how much power the engine combo will make ?

1 - 20 of 128 Posts