Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting on an overhaul and build of my 67 Fairlane 500 picked the car up 3 years ago down in while Texas out of a field with the intention of building a cheep street strip car. Yanked the small block an started on a fe 390/ with 427 top end and converted it to a stick ( all my junk has three pedals) and was doing the whole day 2 fad. jump to now moved to Kansas City Mo for the wife's job decided to change complete direction sold the driveline and ditching the period parts, and going with a current tech street strip car. The cars focused on being street able... while being competitive at drag week, rock mt race week and other similar events.

The new build will consist of full chromemoly chassis while retaining factory pick up points. A Procharged sbf with g-force 5 speed,leaf spring cal-trac car on 10.5's a versatile but straight forward platform.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Damn sweet looking Fairlane!
Damn I would do a 351W stroke to 427 cubic inches, five speed tremac with 3.55 gears! Bitch would be killer.
my two cents!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Damn sweet looking Fairlane!
Damn I would do a 351W stroke to 427 cubic inches, five speed tremac with 3.55 gears! Bitch would be killer.
my two cents!
I'm going with a 427 sbf based on a dart iron eagle 9.1 N/A AFR top end and a F-1A-94 pro charger shooting for 1200 boosted, black magic clutch with a g force that will be order as 4 speed with 5 being OD. Then i have to figure what gear it likes most likely start with a 3.90 and go from there on a 30" tire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love that body style keep the updates coming what's the plan for the front suspention
I plan on doing a tubular front end and core support. I will be utilizing the factory towers and rails for class and will also be retaining the factory suspension mounting points. All of this will be the foundation for off the shelf tubular suspension and coil over conversion. Plus with the additional room of no fenders it should give me plenty of room for inner cooler, tubing, headers, rack conversion, much larger radiator, cog drive, exc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scooped up a lathe on market place and he through in the valve grinder with tooling for 200$ and picked up a steering wheel from Jegs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Made huge progress on the car today plus the wheels showed up today. I will run welds on the back eventually as there right up the street from me in kc but I do like the Jegs as a couldn’t find a set of Mickey Thompson ETs. Still have to drop the suspension tomorrow and then on to cutting tin and adding bars it will be 25.5 spec

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not as much progress as I was hoping to accomplish this weekend took my demon to Pete and jakes open house. I set myself up to knock a lot out over the up coming week with subframe connectors and new pans as well as a tunnel mods for the g force. today did get 90% rust handed though plus starting figuring out the strut mts and tubular core support.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Trunk Asphalt
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Asphalt Gas
Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Font Gas
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Myself and a couple of the guys from work came up with the official name for the Fairlane. My other two cars have names #thebostonian which is a 71 Demon and the #wrongbedc10 which is a 69 c10 so this one needed something fitting and being DIY built at home with the intention of beating up on the big stuff so Officially it will be called Amateur Hour

1 - 20 of 20 Posts