Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this car up from a buddy in WV a few months ago. He'd had the car for many years. With his workload, and changing residences for work, finally decided to move on.

The car was originally Ken Laserri's (spelling?) of indy cylinder head, a back half car then. My bud had it redone as a full chrome moly tube chassis, strut front end, complete with 4 link wishbone, and anti roll on a dana 60.

The car was never really finished, so never raced.

I took it straight to my favorite chassis shop, RK Racecraft in cartersville ga. They're moving the steering to free up room, redoing the tunnel, and moving the crank cl higher, and making room for a Turbo 400, and a complete rewire to modern electronics. Racepak, grid/MSD10 plus Ect.

Here are what pics I have now, I'll get more as it goes. Plan is to run it in index classes. 5.30, 4.99, and 4.70, maybe 4.50 if it drives well.

Motor is a wet KB with wet Stage V heads. 572. Blower is a TBS XR1 14/71 with .002 under size rotors to limit boost, heat, and drivable to the line, and back to the pits. I only need 20 to 25 pounds so it should do that at 10 percent.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really happy with it, but mine looks like a cobbled up shit box compared to the 71 cuda thread lol.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm really happy with it, but mine looks like a cobbled up shit box compared to the 71 cuda thread lol.
Hey, there no way that Cuda looks cobbled together. Can’t beat a Blown Hemi for visual appearance & out right stunning sound :cool::cool:

Good luck with your build

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate that, for sure, but your 71 is a meticulous masterpiece.

I have 4 race cars now (like an idiot) and I'm constantly asked why. More like why not have a new promod for what I spend in time, and money on 4. My only honest response is, I like 4 trashy whores better than one perfect 10 lol.

All kidding aside that 71 is honestly a work of art.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts