Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67 Chevelle 115" wheel base. How long should the 4 link bars be? The car currently has 27" center to center ladder bars. This will be a new set up and I am just trying to figure out the best length for that wheel base.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How crucial is the length of the 4 link bars?I think they will end up in the 20 inch range. The ones I see are 18 1/2. Any opinions or advice

·
Registered
315 Posts
Most builds will be 18-23. Longer bars give a finer adjustment between holes. Long bars should be 1 1/2-120 wall, upper 1 3/8-.095 wall. Large tubes combat bending. All the major builders can supply kits for these sizes. Love the big cars, keep us updated, good luck.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. This car was built in the early 70s. Everything is tied together really well and I would like to use the same location as the current ladder bars which will put us around 20 inches. How important is the width and should the coil overs be as far out as possible fabrication is not an issue just the basics of the locations is what I need help with.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Support the coil overs on both sides upper and lower for more stability and less flex. Vertical, behind the housing and wide as practical, considering wheelie bar placement. 20" bars were the standard for Pro Stock cars for years. It is better if upper and lower link bars are equal length, but if frame/ floor won't allow, not that a big of deal. I have run upper bars as short at 13" before and they worked, just not as much intersect adjustability.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear end finally got shipped today. Hope to start the project next weekend.I am sure pictures and questions will be on the way. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
My upper bars are way short, due to my wanting to keep the back seat. Car has 60' at 1.25 on a 275 radial.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the picture. Nice work. How short is that upper bar? How are you liking the the 275?

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
Thanks for the picture. Nice work. How short is that upper bar? How are you liking the the 275?
Sorry. Just getting back to this. I will try and get you the bar lengths tonight.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got started. I am going to have to rework more than I thought to get the 4 link in properly. So the new questions are: Pros and cons of wishbone vs an X style link?
How beneficial would an anti roll be for my application?

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
Finally got started. I am going to have to rework more than I thought to get the 4 link in properly. So the new questions are: Pros and cons of wishbone vs an X style link?
How beneficial would an anti roll be for my application?
Depending whether you will run an exhaust or not, my wishbone gave me clearance to run my exhaust for the street. 4 years on the street, with some pretty shitty streets, no issues to date. I run a ARB and always have, so I can't say whether it helps or not. Car always leaves level. I unhook it for the street though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts