Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Trevor Stripling
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67 Camaro, BBC, NOS, 1300+ hp, 28x10.5, 3450#. Need consistent 1.2x 60's.

Bent the rear spring on my calvert split monos.

Trevor

·
Trevor Stripling
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right behind the alxe where the edge of the front spring ends.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you using shackles? Did they run out of extension with loose shocks settings or something?
Yes, I am running shackles and QA-1 doubles, full tight both ways. The rear end does separate more than most other cars I see, but most don't have the hp I do.

I am not sure if the shackles are running out of extension or not.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Trevor Stripling
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I would revalve or replace the QA1's with a better shock. I'd bet that you're extending the shock at the hit so far that the shackle is no longer moving forward and putting the spring in a bind. Just a guess...
I just orderd some afco doubles the day before I found the bent spring :)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I just orderd some afco doubles the day before I found the bent spring :)
You'll see a ton of difference with those and I bet that fixes the problem. What rear half did you bend? Stock ride height or ??? Reason I ask is I have an extra set of rear halfs in the garage that are the stock ride height but for a Nova - not sure if they would work for ya or not.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'll see a ton of difference with those and I bet that fixes the problem. What rear half did you bend? Stock ride height or ??? Reason I ask is I have an extra set of rear halfs in the garage that are the stock ride height but for a Nova - not sure if they would work for ya or not.
I already have replacements on the way, but am just wondering if there is a better spring for my application.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts