Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change from the stock front end to coilovers with a rack and pinion. Besides aje who makes a conversions kit for a 67/68 Mustang? Anybody run the aje kit?
Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I answered your other question on mustang forums was it ? The only other kit that is what you are looking for is the RRS system. But pricing and still uses the stock lower control arm setup, with no k-member, and no rack

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
AJE is a strut type front suspension... if you're looking at a coilover front suspension then go with TCP... they make a great product that is of the highest quality

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I answered your other question on mustang forums was it ? The only other kit that is what you are looking for is the RRS system. But pricing and still uses the stock lower control arm setup, with no k-member, and no rack
It must have been somebody else, because I am not a member of the mustang forum. Thanks for the reply.
I just want to get rid of this stock stuff, becuase it doesn't seem to be cutting it.
Justin

·
Registered
105 Posts
i put a rod and customs mustang 2 setup on mine excellent fit and quality. i had the aje strut kit and i wasnt happy with it at all.

·
Registered
887 Posts
On my '69 I cut everything off the stock front frame rails, used a Pinto rack and an old set of AJE fox coilover struts I got from Mike D. for like 75 bucks, made everything else. Not sure what the AJE kits run but I have approx 1500 bucks in everything. That also included the dual master cyls, brake pedal assy, front brake assy's etc.

Was a lot of work but damn sure worth.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
On my '69 I cut everything off the stock front frame rails, used a Pinto rack and an old set of AJE fox coilover struts I got from Mike D. for like 75 bucks, made everything else. Not sure what the AJE kits run but I have approx 1500 bucks in everything. That also included the dual master cyls, brake pedal assy, front brake assy's etc.

Was a lot of work but damn sure worth.
Wow. that sounds pretty cool man. Do you have any pictures of that setup?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Richter, actually I got the idea of stuffing a big block into an older mustang a couple years ago from you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just can't seem to get this stock front suspension stuff figured out. I know there are guys going faster than me with it, so it is possible. If it wasn't for Moneymaker Alex I would have given up months ago.
Justin

·
Registered
275 Posts
bite the bullet and put a rod& custom crossmember and rack set-up in it. I have 2 set-up like this and it is far superior.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There were a few issues that i wasn't to happy with.
the lower a-arm ball joint went inside the strut tube and you had to tighten it with a long extension and socket plus you couldn't put a lock pin on the nut to keep it from loosening up.
I also didn't like that there wasn't much support on the a-arm to the k-member. Also the struts were just a shock that was put inside of a tube to look like a strut. non adjustable.
I did see someone on here that just bought a kit that looked like they changed a lot stuff. they looked a little better quality. i like the mustang 2 better ,it has many different variations and it can be used with adjustable coil-overs. plus ride height is adjustable

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a 65 mustang and I have the same problem but I have all of John Calverts front and rear Suspension parts but I need to change mine because I am about to go faster. I have been 6.18 112 in the 1/8 and 9.73 at 138 in the 1/4 and this is with a 408w with a fogger with 19 and 21 jets. So I am in the process of building another motor that will run this on motor plus I will hit with a 250 shot.

·
Registered
299 Posts
limiting the travel on the stock stuff is goin to help with bump stear issues ..

but heres some of a car i did an aje deal on not the best pics in the world but it gave it a ton of room

·
Registered
299 Posts
falconflyer63,

Was that the finished product on engine bay? Or was their more work? Would like to see them if so.

thanks,
theres still more work basicly the guy needed it stable enough to get it to the track before it got cold.. so hes supposed to bring it back this winter and have motor and mid plates done and most likely tin work if he wants it

·
Registered
765 Posts
gonna do a Rod and Customs on my 68....http://www.rcmotorsportsinc.com/ They have some nice videos and pics on the website. They have a DVD for $10 I think, they sent me one for free. Super nice people and nice looking stuff. You can get it anyway you want it. Manual or Power rack and street type shocks and springs or single or double adjustable coil overs as well as options on the brakes. I've researched this a lot and this kit to me is by far the best out there. Total Cost Involved also has one that is very similar that they copied from Rod and Customs. Once I get my race car updated I will get the Rod and Customs front and rear suspensions for my street/strip 68.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts