Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw it in a Frederick News Post announcement. They said 11 of them have been taken to a hospital. I think that is probably the greatest concentration in Maryland.

·
Moderater
12,627 Posts
They have all the nursing homes on lock down here...that probably won’t end well.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Dads assisted living is completely shut down. Confined to their rooms 24/7. Nurses are in masks at all time. Bad enough being in there but stuck in a room full time has to suck. Dads taking it ok I guess but he's pretty much given up anyways.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow didn't hear this, my Dad lives in a geezer farm in Buckeystown which is only 20mins away. He said they're on lockdown also. Shut down the slop hall and now they bring food to their door. No visitors. He hates not being able to go out for breakfast everyday which is his favorite.

·
Registered
11,347 Posts
That's lousy news. So much sadness for all those involved, the families, the employees, and especially those old folks who are sick. The hits keep coming.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
According to many here.
Including one in this thread.
It can’t be.

personally very sorry for this bad news.
Prayers to the sick.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
Listened to a Dr form John Hopkins, Say that its not if a person in a nursing home will get it its when, He said nursing homes are going to take a huge hit because once it gets in it is like mice in a trap they all will have it.

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
I don’t know about the rest of you, but if I was confined to a bed in a nursing home for the remainder of my years on earth, I’d be praying to get it. But that’s just me.

·
Registered
25,553 Posts
My mom's in independent living near Chicago and it's the same deal - lockdown and meals in her apartment.

·
Registered
25,553 Posts
I don’t know about the rest of you, but if I was confined to a bed in a nursing home for the remainder of my years on earth, I’d be praying to get it. But that’s just me.
I don't know if I could even live in an apartment at this point.
If I don't have stuff to work on I go stir crazy.
I hope I drop dead before I'm unable to live in my house.

·
Registered
36,121 Posts
If you'll remember, that's pretty much where CV got ginned up in America - Washington State's nursing home Life Care Center - reportedly brought there by a recently admitted grandmother...it infected everyone in the house and killed one out of 4 residents. Sad for those residents in Maryland...poor people didn't stand a chance.

Here, you stand a better chance of getting inside a bank at 12 midnight than you do a nursing/assisted living facility. I have an x mother in law confined in one who has moderate Alzheimer's and the poor woman can't figure out why she's 'in jail' with no visitors...it's really sad...

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
What the fuck are they supposed to do?
Most of the old men can't even get wood, so jackin' off is out of the question.
Again, what the fuck are they supposed to do with every man's favorite recreational activity no longer an option...

·
Void
78,728 Posts
Now there's is old folks home in Severna Park with 2 positive for Covid 19. It seems to me that these healthcare workers are spreading it.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
To live that long , see families raised and the world change then go out of world with a biological weapon is sad very sad...
Thoughts and prayers to anyone who have a loved one in a facility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts