Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some good ideas for the suspension on my 66 biscayne. it is an all steel( even the wheels) ride with a 515 pump gas bbc, th400, 9" atd 4000 rpm ish converter, 3.73 12 bolt rear. i will be running a 295/65/15 bfg drag radial. this is not a race car and i want to keep it as simple as possible, right now the suspension is all new exept for the original 6 cylinder springs all around. i did build an adjustable panhard bar for it and boxed the rear lower control arms, new stock bushings too. no cage in this car and it should have enough nuts to go 10.80s or better.

thanks, joel

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Box the rear upper control arms if you haven't already or installed some aftermarket adjustable units.

The six banger springs won't work in the rear unless you plan on running air bags. Put a set of adjustable shocks on the rear so you have some tunning ability at the track.

Another option instead of the air bags is to install a rear sway bar that mounts to the rear-end and has its links going to the frame will help it launch level. Also, the six banger springs will need to be swapped for a set of V-8 springs at the rear.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good suggestions, one of my biggest concerns is it twisting up too much. i dont think there is enough room for an anti roll bar, car has three inch tailpipes. i was wondering if i built a really solid sway bar with some gussets to tie both rear lower control arms together if that would be enough to limit its twisting. im a pretty decent fabricater and tig welder and i do have a tube bender, might work.....no?

joel

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
It will help some but the torque of the BB/400T will still twist it pretty good.

If you plan on driving it a lot on the street, the air bag would be the better way to go for a smoother ride. Having the sway bar bolted to the rear end and its links attached to the frame will really stiffen up the rear of the car and ride quality will suffer.

Good luck with your biscuit !! I love those big boats !!

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.