Registered
3,823 Posts
I think it would be best if I came and took that off his hands.:D:D

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it would be best if I came and took that off his hands.:D:D
Never happen..he got the car from his Grandmother..Just tryin to get ideas so i can help him
Like how big a tire can we get under it mini tubbin it and do we have to move the springs in? Think a 9" will be the choice of rear ends
How are most tiein the frame together??

Really want to put a rack on it so he can use a normal oil pan..the pan he has hes torn up street driven it years back with the notch for the steering

·
Read Only
0 Posts
2x2 subframe connectors

We mad SFC out of 2x2. If you peel up the floor at the front clip extensions you can slide and weld the tube and run it all the way back to the rear spring perch box. Wish I had pictures. Rack is easy using chassisworks upper and lower and some tabs. I'll post pics tomorrow on custom fab we are doing on this double frame 66.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
dont waste your $ on anything but a Smith racecraft front clip if thats the direction he wants to go.
If he is going to keep the car for an extended period of time, do it.
Yesterday i went 1.20 60' with a 29.5 10.5 tire and mini tubs, my car still has the factory frame rails in it (rear)
For some reason i cant post attachments of mine.

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
dont waste your $ on anything but a Smith racecraft front clip if thats the direction he wants to go.
If he is going to keep the car for an extended period of time, do it.
Yesterday i went 1.20 60' with a 29.5 10.5 tire and mini tubs, my car still has the factory frame rails in it (rear)
For some reason i cant post attachments of mine.
7000.00 is alot more then 2900.00 couldnt see paying that much more for motor plates and camaro struts. I bought a smith racecraft for my 70 and the cost got way out of hand. you can see my old car posted on here..the one with the 25.2 and a T/A and now owned by twinturbonova.

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
Here's my old Acadian front clip. Its a weld in piece but your looking to tie the frames so you could do this in all one shot. I also was able to use a standard Scheonfeld header with only minor changes to the shape of the collector. 1 3/4" primaries w/ 3 1/2" collectors.

·
Registered
734 Posts
a friend of mine makes a compleate kit for the 62-67
chevy II's that ables rack and pinion to be installed and put any oil pan on as well with all kinds of clearance,
you can check out his web site at
www.churchboysracing.com tell him little Jimmy sent you.
in looking at the picture above its on 3DTIM's car its a nice set up.

·
Registered
8,157 Posts
a friend of mine makes a compleate kit for the 62-67
chevy II's that ables rack and pinion to be installed and put any oil pan on as well with all kinds of clearance,
you can check out his web site at
www.churchboysracing.com tell him little Jimmy sent you.
in looking at the picture above its on 3DTIM's car its a nice set up.
X's 2 for the church boys stuff,my friend just got his stuff,but has not got it done yet,parts are great,and there great to work with.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.