Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a thread in the conversions area but I think its a little more fitting over here.
The car has been together and apart multiple times over the last 7 years. Well hopefully this is the last time I'll have to do any fabwork on it. Work is being done at a shop locally that I used to work for. Goals for the car are to hit 1000rw, knockdown a 8.99 or better pass and be able to drive it anywhere. I mainly want the car for cruising and freeway roll races. Heres the breakdown-

Chassis
Aje front k member and suspension with some mods
Caged
Backhalved
Narrowed 8.8
Moser wavetrac posi or spool (still up in air)
33 spline axles
18x9/10 with 315 Hoosier DRs out back (street trim)
Cobra disc brakes on all 4 corners
Engine and drivetrain
404ci iron block
Diamond piston
Lunati pro series crank
Luntai billet i beams
LSA cylinder heads
Victor jr manifold
6061 elbow
FAST 102 TB
120lb bosch injectors (need)
Custom cam (need)
BT spring kit (need)
studded throughout
Either going to run a 48l0e or th400

I bought a Forced Inductions GT91 last week and should be getting it on Tuesday. As soon as the chassis fabrication is done I'll start working on putting the turbo kit together.

Some pics

cage pogress

Anyways thats the just of it for now-

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments guys. Also the LS can easily be swapped to a sbf if wanted, it uses the same aje motor mounts even

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wicked65- what happened to your car? Are you going to rebuild it? I was looking forward to seeing it at sac raceway-

·
The Murder Smurf
1,482 Posts
Wicked65- what happened to your car? Are you going to rebuild it? I was looking forward to seeing it at sac raceway-
Went to pic up dinner one night probably about month and a half ago now. when i was slowing down to make the turn back on my street, the car died. Pulled over, let it sit for a bit. tried to restart it. thought it was about to go, and bam, fire everywhere. jumped out of the passenger side because there was fire at the driver door. ran up to the house that i was parked by, grabbed a hose and was able to get it all out after a bit. Pretty much a fuel fire. don't know if i had a float stuck or what the deal was. But had fire coming out the dip stick, out the turbo, blew a bunch of fuel out the exhaust, so the under the back of the car was all lite up. Even burned some grommets on the fire wall and started catching the fire wall insulation when the fire department showed up. Insurance is dealing with it now. I have stated value coverage, so it should be ok. Huge pain in the ass getting someone to actually give me a estimate for the fix though.. Should have a check by this month i hope. So ganna change A LOT of things. Gatta say, seeing your car has for sure got me motivated to get things moving.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
You might want to look into more support for the axle tubes, the hub is a long distance from your suspension mount which is alot of leverage on the tubes themselves, and the 8.8 has fairly thin wall tubes I have bent and twisted them a few times.. Just some turnbuckle style supports help tremendously, on the front side of the housing and the bottom and/or top. Just food for thought, I know I got sick of straightening and sometimes replacing 8.8 axle tubes

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Getting ready to cut out the front aprons and shock towers. Adding a motor plate and setting the engine back 2". Tunnels gotta be modified to fit what will either be a 4l80e or th400

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Went to pic up dinner one night probably about month and a half ago now. when i was slowing down to make the turn back on my street, the car died. Pulled over, let it sit for a bit. tried to restart it. thought it was about to go, and bam, fire everywhere. jumped out of the passenger side because there was fire at the driver door. ran up to the house that i was parked by, grabbed a hose and was able to get it all out after a bit. Pretty much a fuel fire. don't know if i had a float stuck or what the deal was. But had fire coming out the dip stick, out the turbo, blew a bunch of fuel out the exhaust, so the under the back of the car was all lite up. Even burned some grommets on the fire wall and started catching the fire wall insulation when the fire department showed up. Insurance is dealing with it now. I have stated value coverage, so it should be ok. Huge pain in the ass getting someone to actually give me a estimate for the fix though.. Should have a check by this month i hope. So ganna change A LOT of things. Gatta say, seeing your car has for sure got me motivated to get things moving.
not to hijack, but, as a fellow 66 mustang owner, DAMN dude, you put tons of work into the car this year. hoping it didn't get killed..

1 - 20 of 100 Posts