Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I am building a shop and will now have room for things to work on aside form the norm I am looking for cars I have always wanted this being one of them. Most of the car is there and seems like it is in decent shape and easily saved. Well I am not up on values of unrestored or cars needing restored so before I insult the guy thought I would get some ideas here.

I have not run the vin yet but the claim is its a true SS car, he also has a non ss 64 as well.

·
Aviation Section
25,592 Posts
S/B? Real 409 car, stick car or 4 speed, A/C, what options? the YB has to know to make an eval. Dave

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is all the chrome there? What's all there?
S/B? Real 409 car, stick car or 4 speed, A/C, what options? the YB has to know to make an eval. Dave

I am going to assume no motor and no trans. I will get the VIN# Monday and find out what the options are and go from there.

·
Capri For Sale
12,968 Posts
I sold a '63 SS on ebay for $520. It was in about the same condition. Personally I wouldn't buy it because it's going to be a money pit. Buy something in better shape with more of it there. That's why I sold the '63 after I looked it over reality set in and it had to go.

·
Registered
38,402 Posts
I'm calling parts car. It's a 64 Impala, not a 64 fuelie Vette. It'll cost more to restore it than you could ever hope to get for it. I'm not up on what 64 Chevy body parts are worth but most of them appear to be usable on that car. Wild guess? 1000-1500 as it sits.

The Toro next to it appears to be worth saving. If the 64 was in that kind of shape, you'd have something.

·
Comet Boy
3,334 Posts
If you can get the owner to sell you just the wheels (if they're 5 lug) off that Dodge truck I'll give you $200 for 'em and pick up the shipping. :-D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Those front fenders are non SS 283 fenders. The VIN should start with 41447, if it is a SS. Probably a 283 or 327 car with that powerglide console. Not worth a ton in that condition, but, the hispanics always keep the market on Impalas up. Save that Super Sport before someone puts hydros and wire wheels on it.

·
Go Fuck Yourself
7,143 Posts
I love love love love love love. Did I say love? These cars. The right paint and interior and it's a timeless awesome cruiser to ride around in with the family.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The guy was asking 2600 for this one and 1500 for the non SS, I will get with him Monday and see what kind of deal I can work out. Knowing it needs work is not a problem I wouldnt try to restore it to orginal in the first place and I am good friends with a body guy. If it can be had for the 2k or under mark and is a true SS I would really really consider fixing it up throw 1k out there and see what he says. I have been looking for a nova II as I love those however this is right up my alley as well.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I sold one in similar shape last year for 2500.00 but it was a factory 4 speed car with no motor or trans. It also had a complete set of all the bolt on sheet metal that was in real nice shape that went with it and the sheet metal on the car wasn't bad either. You'll have a ton of money in just restoring all of the chrome and trim and as mentioned prob have more in the car when it is done than a done or close to done car could be purchased for.

·
Aviation Section
25,592 Posts

I am going to assume no motor and no trans. I will get the VIN# Monday and find out what the options are and go from there.
It is an auto console but has a set of standard shift pedals in the interior, power steering car and from the looks of the hole on the passenger side firewall was an A/C car also but I cannot tell for sure. Car needs a lot of work and you can buy these real and running for under $10G, this is a real project that will suck up a lot of time and cash, maybe you should walk away unless he wants to pay you to take it! Dave

·
Registered
15,629 Posts
I sold a '63 SS on ebay for $520. It was in about the same condition. Personally I wouldn't buy it because it's going to be a money pit. Buy something in better shape with more of it there. That's why I sold the '63 after I looked it over reality set in and it had to go.
Run, don't walk. So far not counting the initial purchase price, I put over $30K into restoring and upgrading my 64 with me doing 95% of the work including welding, porting, assemble, etc. And, still not done. Granted, I'm a fickle bastard, but never again. NEVER!

Denny

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Buy both and sell the other as a parts car when you get what you need.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
100% parts car--True SS or not! If you need sheet metal for a MUCH nicer car--so be it, but the car is filled with bent, rusted, modified parts from probably 10 other resto's....

RUN not walk away----If you truly looking for a useable car, quit looking for the popular cars like this 64 Impala, look for a much more complete car like Eldorado another member said....Not saying you can't restore this one--but when you can purchase a COMPLETE DRIVING example for 20K already ready to go--why in the puck' would you invest a decade of time/ 20k into this parts car?

#1 because you can finance it a few parts at a time..

#2 Because you are looking for a project to work on.

Well it's far more simple to walk into your local bank/ CU and finance a running/rolling example in much nicer shape.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts