Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have bought some parts for a new motor for a true street car . it is a 67 nova ss . it should be light round tube back half by JAWS FAB SHOP he did KILLER WORK .bolt in clip in front motor plates and a glide a 12 bolt and 315 tires here is what i have bought over the last year <i am doing a little at a time as i can afford it > sheet metal tunnel ram, 2 used 1050 dominators , product engenring pumps ,14 degree sonnys old skool big cheifs /darts 85 cc , 10.2 bbc block with a 400 raised cam and a luniti 4.75 crank now for the fun part i need to know sugested rod length and pin placement, cam size ,the car should weig 3000 lbs with me in it and i want to drive it on the cruses when we race and maby some day run pump gas drags would maby even buy some nos pistons and rods if its what i need oh next question my new block is 4500 bore and dont want to bore 4600 heads measure 4500 chamber please help thanks to jerry mignard john williams jaws fab kevin thompson hot rod solutions montie smith nos tech bill mann thanks for alll your help and the best race sight YELLOW BULLET :cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
church rat,

That combo only gives you a 604. Is that what you want or do you want a 632? We need to get this established first before we go on.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
use a 6.7 rod with a 1.12 comp height piston.the standard je big cheif piston is good for 500hp shot easy with a spot on tuneup...the new je nitrous version is not as stout in the ringland area but the skirts are stouter.thing you will get into is high comp with off the shelf pistons.even with a 13cc dome you will be around 14.1 so you may be going to have to buy custom pistons to run pump gas.

there are few piston designers/builders that read these post and i bet they will chime in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
632 is 4600 bore but i would be fine running a 4500 bore and a smaller cubic inch , but would i gain a lot by goung with a larger bore thanks todd

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
if the heads flow good it could be good for 50hp...but if its a street pump gas motor i would go with the 4.5 bore.you will have stronger cylinder walls and more rebores left for down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts