Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best conventional heads for a 632 bracket build. High compression track only. 2400lbs auto. I'm looking at the RFD 24-B. Are they up to the job say 1100hp?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
RFD had some issues a few years ago. Might want to check out and see if they can deliver on time now and flow what they advertise. Brodix Head Hunters on an engine here in town. Works good. No valve train issues.

AFR also has a newer head than the 385. Think you would want a 2.400" intake valve if you can get it.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
There was some internet complaints and some Yellow Bullet negative comments a while back. Maybe you can find it or someone else will remember. Does not mean it was true, just thought you might want to know. I think the company changed hands too.

·
T/S 368E
32,909 Posts

The top Profilers are supposed to make 1100 easy on a 632.
At least I keep hearing that from guys that bought them??

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would think any of the modern top name heads would get you to 1100 without spinning it to high. My old old ProTopline heads make 1040 on my 600ci at 7200.

·
Unbanned
20,548 Posts
RFD had some issues a few years ago. Might want to check out and see if they can deliver on time now and flow what they advertise. Brodix Head Hunters on an engine here in town. Works good. No valve train issues.

AFR also has a newer head than the 385. Think you would want a 2.400" intake valve if you can get it.
There was some internet complaints and some Yellow Bullet negative comments a while back. Maybe you can find it or someone else will remember. Does not mean it was true, just thought you might want to know. I think the company changed hands too.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts

My RFD heads have worked fairly well for me but to be completely honest though they did not flow where he said they would and I know flow is not everything. Also I told him what springs I needed for the cam I was going to run and they were not set correctly for the spring pressure I needed. If I would have read the fine print on the receipt I would have caught the spring screw up. I now always read the fine print. I still run the same heads but I would not use him of them again if I ever replaced them.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What head company to go with? I wanted a better head then off the shelf one. Just looking for that slight edge.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I guess the question is what do you consider to be conventional? There are the SR-20's and the equivalent and even an 18 degree "conventional" head. Plenty of reputable places out there including several on this board, Speier, Weingartner, Slick Rick, MBE, Frankenstein, CFE and plenty of others.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would do the Dart or brodix 20* head and be done. For the power you are looking for those heads will make plenty with some spare if built right. those 632 wants lots of air and bigger valves (2.40+)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like that the general consensus sr20 with the bigger 2.4 intake valve. The price goes up quickly with that. Pay to play.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My 632 makes 1095 and 935 with as cast sniper 174x heads and sniper 2 intake. Has ran best of 4.96 @ 139 in 2400lb chassis car. Will run 5.0's in any weather.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bought a set of 24 victor pro heads from rfd Curtis and Dan were great to deal with and product was great not to busy to help the little guy like some other vendors

1 - 20 of 78 Posts