Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an oh sh*t moment over the weekend when one of our buddies left a wrench on our scoop tray and it went thru our SV1 and into the cylinder. Luckily I shut it off as soon as I heard it but it damage the PB1803 heads screwed up the top if piston and nicked the top of the cylinder wall. I have pics and can post if I figure out how but my question is how much does brodix usually charge to weld up and machine heads and is the block salvageable?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,626 Posts
How did a wrench go through a carb without going to 1/2 throttle or more? Sucks to be you right now, and sucks even more for the brainiac that left a wrench up there!

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Musta been one of those small Craftsman wrench's to get through the plenum....

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
You might be better to have it welded the CNC both heads if they are out of the box, most cylinder head guys have a welder they work with

·
DamCoonass
15,343 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are the CNC'd chamber heads so they should be able to weld them up and re-cnc the chamber. I am more concerned with the nick in the cylinder wall. Thanks for the responses guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
BTW, I was running an SV1 and started the burn out and it sounded like I broke a rocker so I shut it off. When back to the pits and no one believed me so I went to start it and it passed the valve and lodge into the cylinder. Yes it was a small craftsman 9/16 wrench that is know permentately lodged in the guys rear who left it there.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
BTW, I was running an SV1 and started the burn out and it sounded like I broke a rocker so I shut it off. When back to the pits and no one believed me so I went to start it and it passed the valve and lodge into the cylinder. Yes it was a small craftsman 9/16 wrench that is know permentately lodged in the guys rear who left it there.
Sorry for your loss, not to be a jerk about it, when I have ANYBODY working around my car I watch them like a hawk. I trust nobody when I am the driver. Not saying that I would have caught your buddy's screw up, but I have avoided a few disasters by either not letting others touch my car or by just doing things myself.
The great thing about aluminum heads is they can be welded. The nick in the wall should be dealt with though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kind of what I was thinking. I am going to sell this motor and car to focus more on my wife's door car and my daughter's jr.

What are the thoughts for what Brodix charges to fix heads?

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Yours doesn't sound as bad as a valve that has dropped, usually that's a very bad scene ...not saying yours isn't bad though, anytime you have to repair sucks! Wish you could post up pics ...

We try and make damn sure all parts and tools are accounted for before towing it to the lanes ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am working on making our door car be a car that we never have to pull the hood off of at the track. The dragster is just pissing me off lately in more ways than one. Probably fix the motor and sell the dragster and motor to get a second door car. I will try to upload picks up tonight on photo bucket and share.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts