Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new 632 out this weekend again and got one decent run in. The motor is 632 on alky, BMF 385 heads, .871/.821 lift, 288/298 @.050 instaled at 113.75,14.5-1 comp and timing at 34*. I need to re-work some things up front to fit a vacuum pump so I took it out with just evac system. On the first pass it spit the breather out and sprayed oil everywere. The second pass, I "secured" the breather caps and changed the oil. It pulled oil throught the tube and even pulled the foam from breather caps all the way through the hose going to the collector. This seems EXCESSIVE! Any thoughts? I was on the fence with the fuel for this new motor for Q16 or alky and went alky for cooling properties. Alky is whole new animal for me.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Mine did the same thing blew the foam out at the starter! Lol.. it is to fat at idle you need to lean it out. are you milking the oil? set my leak down to 20% don't have the blow by like before. i am also going to a vac pump. once you get it figured out you will love the alky.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Being a new motor I usually break it in on gas then change over to alcohol- It sounds like the rings haven't seated if it's spraying that
much oil or the evac tubes aren't working - I'd go ahead and get the vac pump on there and it'll help out alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts