Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do a clean install using a 5.3, truck intake, S476, manifolds, rad w/fans and an A2W intercooler all under the hood of a 62-67 Chevy II? Got mine all mached up, and even with building a core support from tubing to eliminate the factory one, I'm stumped. Really don't want this 40lb bohemouth hanging behind the headlight, 12" off the frame rail. That will make for a nasty handling street car.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
You don't have a lot of choice on a ChevyII. I just did a new firewall forward build with a chromoly tube front clip and twin 8096 turbos. Major fabrication to get it all to fit and I don't have a intercooler to deal with since mine is on methanol. I had to go to split radiators to get it all to fit nicely. I cut the new clip off just ahead of the down bars and fabricated everything from there to mount the turbos so they pull thru the bumper slots. Made light weight front support and fender supports with thin wall chromoly tubing. I am about to start on another one that will use an A-arm clip and will be a true street car either on pump gas or E85. It will be twin turbos as well but they are a lot smaller 6765 Precisions.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking at selling the new BW S476 and switching it to two small twins (along the lines of Crusty) or ditch the truck intake and use the midrise holley with the 417 intercooler in it, and hang the 76 where the intercooler would have fit. Of course I am at work, and still need to go measure out these ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts