Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for some help on my next steps. I have hit a wall in the high 1.2's, 1.28 PB. Adding more power results in tire spin, usually around a foot after launch. I notice the car has a bounce to it on the launch that I believe is related. Hitting the tire too hard or air pressure? I had three flats of preload on the right rear antiroll which is why I suspect it went left when the wheels came off the ground. Boost all in 1.5 seconds, pulling 5 degrees around .8 seconds when the converter couples, also where the front wheels drop back to track. This is an Outlaw 8.5 car along with some other small tire heads up events. Here are some specs:

Dyno'd 982 whp @ 24psi, currently 28psi. 408 LS.
PB [email protected] 1/8th. This run was a 5.31 @ 136, 1.31 60ft
3700rpm launch, 5psi. 7psi or 100 more RPM will not stick.
MT Radial Pro 26x8.5 16.5psi
130% AS, 33" IC, 10" high. Stock mounting on body, four-position bracket on rearend for the lower control arm.
3:31 rear gear, 1.80 first gear glide. Crossing at 6500. 3:73s are in my winter upgrade list.
PTC 9.5
Viking 2 ways radial valved all corners.
Rear C 20 R 6 , 4.5" possible, 90lb springs 22 is full tight.
Front C 18 R 9 , 3.5" travel possible. Limiters were not used in the video. 200 lb springs, close to much fully compressed.
3000 lbs.
Weight Bias is 59% front. LF 900, RF 869 LR631 RR 614
No shock sensors, they are ordered.
Video is a slick prep track.

Slow the video is 1/4 speed and you can see it.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The housing isn't even trying to move the full 4.5" of extension that he has now. If you want to hit the tire with housing separation, it needs more anti-squat. The shock limits the speed of the separation of housing and body, not the distance it travels. That is unless the shock is fully extended to the end of its travel. It doesn't appear to be the case here.
Doug

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just finished SCSN in Vegas, first time on a true Radial Prep.

Switch rear gear from 3.31 to 3.73. Ran my 5.3X tune and it ran 5.21.

Reduced timing and boost ramps 25%, increased the hit to 7lbs and it ran a 5.10 with 1 1.25 60ft

Reduced ramps again another 20%, launch to 9lbs and it ran a 1.18 wheels up. Didn't get enough passes with all the oil downs to try and calm the wheelie. Unfortunately, the car was moving left and I chickened out. I think that may have tickled a 4 but will never know. I'm sure the track would have taken more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts