Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coupe weights around 3,000lb, MT 275 pros, 1.69 glide, sbf with a 75mm borgwarner. I have been tweaking the 2step and transbrake rpms and was able to build another 4 to 5 psi. Any idea how much that could lower my 60ft? Cant make it to the track till next week and just wondering.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a 10lb spring and a very very conservative tune the car first time ever to the track went 6.0's @ 117mph with a 1.49 60ft, that was leaving on 4psi. Wasnt being aggresive on the 2 step plus it and the transbrake were set pretty low so now i was able to build to 8 to 8.5 psi just by turning them up a few hundred rpm so hoping to cut it down a bit.

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
With my car the biggest factor that affects 60ft is how fast the boost comes in. I typically leave the line at 3600 - 5lbs boost.

When I'm trying to slow the car's 60ft down, I leave the boost low (8-10psi) until 5000rpm then let it come on hard to full boost. 60ft is typically 1.4-1.45 or so doing this.

If I'm trying to make a good ET, I just adjust the boost controller so as soon as I let go of the transbrake the wastegates close and stay that way until full boost (20-26psi). Doing this the car will have a 60ft in a range of 1.23-1.27. Difference in 1/4mile ET is around .3.

Lesson here is 60ft is it's not so much that initally power letting go of the transbrake, you have to have a quick spooling turbo(s) and pour the power on once you leave the line. If you make only 10psi, your 60ft probably won't change that much.

Make sure you get some good adjustable shocks so when the car starts leaving hard you can tighten the extension and control the front end travel unless you like dragging your bumper down the track.;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, as of right now i still have the manuel boost controller on the car which was for a street class in the area but will be switching to a msd boost launch controller that i have. The car has some good double adj shocks on it now so i will try not to drag the bumper off haha..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts