Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some passes this sunday and I'm still working on power management and trying to get the 60 down.
I only got one pass with a 60' on the front tires. The rest were reading on the back tires.
I installed travel limiters today but would see if anyone has some suggestions.

This pass 1.30 60'
Progressive 35% to 100% in 1.32 seconds. 300hp nitrous shot
Tires 28x 10.5 14 psi
No front limiters
Front shocks single adjustable
Back shocks pos Calvert adjustable shocks
Split mono caltracs springs with assassin bars.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’m not sure why you are concerned with that small wheelie....do you have a weight box hiding under the bed cover? If so, keep moving it forward until you find better results. That’s cheap. You can also ad weight to the front end. still cheap.
I have put on limiters in the front and it helps but nothing miraculous in my experience. Only tighten up the travel on a well prepped track.
Better shocks almost always help. ChaChing!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure why you are concerned with that small wheelie....do you have a weight box hiding under the bed cover? If so, keep moving it forward until you find better results. That’s cheap. You can also ad weight to the front end. still cheap.
I have put on limiters in the front and it helps but nothing miraculous in my experience. Only tighten up the travel on a well prepped track.
Better shocks almost always help. ChaChing!
Ha
It will drag the bumper if I add power to fast. That pass is the only time its 60' on the front tires.
When I add another 150hp it will be unmanageable.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Move rear ballast forward. If you don’t have rear ballast, put some at the front of the car. You’d be surprised what 23-40# would do.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is with 145 more pounds on the nose before I changed to a rack, light weight brakes, and a glide.
I agree 25 to 30 lbs on the nose cold change things.
I'm not to concerned with the wheels up a little bit. What I'm concerned with is reducing the 60'. Do I added more power, more or less air pressure, ect...
I would like to know what I can can do to move the truck forward not up.

·
Registered
16,091 Posts
Just the first gear change in the glide alone should have made an improvement. So now start adding the weight back into the front again.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weight on nose, more power, less air pressure, front end limiters.
Have you adjusted the caltracs at all?
I'm going to try every one of those as soon as we can make it back to the track.
I created a log book to keep track of the changes I do.
This Is the part of racing I like. Tuning one thing at a time to see what picks up.

This truck has exceeded my goals already but I'm going to push it as far as I can.
It should have a 5.40's in it with a touch more power.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just the first gear change in the glide alone should have made an improvement. So now start adding the weight back into the front again.
The trans swap made a world of difference. I just have to get used to shifting at the right rpm. I was shifting the th400 as soon as it hit the 60'.
Muscle memory has me doing the same with the glide. So I've been short shifting at 5800 and not really meaning to. If I can shift at 7200 like I should it will help the time slip also.
I only have 4 passes with the glide so far.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you leaving at the same rpm between the glide and the 400?
Close
This converter is really tight "3500 rpm" but seams to be fine so far. It has a 900rpm drop on the shift.

I might call ptc and see about changing the converter if it needs it. I need to look close at the data logs I have to check conver slip.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
This does not add up to me. You cannot have 900 rpm drop and 3500 rpm stall from how my math works. Are you shifting at 4500 rpm?

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
Your going to have to get it to where you can tighten the shocks up front and rear, probably limit front end travel too.
Cal tracs separate big time with loose shock valving and setting. Go look at the shock sticky in the stock suspension section, I posted some videos of the cal trac equipped Chevy II I was racing at the time. Showed the difference just tightening the shocks up did on the same day. Car was running 5:30s at the time if I remember correctly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts