Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Turbo boosted
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are normal sixty foot times for turbo cars? I know all cars are different just some ideas.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
what are normal sixty foot times for turbo cars? I know all cars are different just some ideas.
As low as 1.0's on some of the bigger tire cars.....the DR EZ street guys are in the 1.2X's.

·
Turbo boosted
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! just wanted to see what every one else's was. I had a 1.25 on the back wheels, figured it might be in the teens or so.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
1.30 TO 1.24 is getting it done with my car 325 50 radial .the car weighs 3410 and stock suspension I have run 315s and 295s and my best 60s have been the same but if i run the tall tires its 1/4 mile and the track is always better these are with the back tires as well

·
Registered
914 Posts
1.30 TO 1.24 is getting it done with my car 325 50 radial .the car weighs 3410 and stock suspension I have run 315s and 295s and my best 60s have been the same but if i run the tall tires its 1/4 mile and the track is always better these are with the back tires as well
Are the 315's much better than the 325's or are they close in traction?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I could put the car on the bumper with any of the tires but you can tell the 325 (28) needs lower numeric gear . So the 2 inch shorter tire seems to leave harder but cant put the power to it like you can the tall tire the speed is just slower so the power has to be put in a little less agressive. I had the convertor shimed loos once last year with the 325s and it was the best 60 i ever done 1.24 but with the convertor loose and the tall tires nothing changed stood the car on the bumper hard enough to get three tires off the ground and come down and broke the rack. so i tighted the convertor back up because we run a 1/4 and needed it as tight as i could get it so i dont have the same set up back to back . will do it this year I think the tall tires are better i just never got it all dialed in . but if you had the same final gear ratio i think they would be close i have seen Brady and Tommys car with big block and 2 F1R s go 1.14 back to back with 325s.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Alot of people think turbos are lazy on the bottom, but when tuned correctly they can get the job done.
Agreed. My toilet has been as low as 1.20 even with the little 2 liter four banger. Leaving with boost is the key.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts