Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sad sure but was it Negligence? .................. You tell me?...............
JMHO: The "uncle" quoted in article is an asshole.
It's like going to an indoor shooting range and closely looking for all the shit that's shot up ranging from the ceiling's, to the floors, to the bullet ridden mechanical rods that retrieve/place the paper targets. MF's shoot almost everything in the place via they can't aim and/or they accidentally fire their weapon. As far as Dad hitting his kid - unless that child was behind the plane of the ball on the T it was negligence.
Never forget when I took my CCW course I heard the instructor tell a woman: Lady, if someone's breaking into your home, grab the gun, hand it to your husband and then go dial 911.

6-year-old Utah girl died after being struck in head by her father's
errant tee shot

A 6-year-old Utah girl died on Monday after she was accidentally struck in the back of the head by her father’s errant tee shot.
Aria Hill was sitting in a parked cart on the cart path about 20 yards to the left of her father at Sleepy Ridge Golf Course in Orem, Utah, on Monday morning when he went to the tee box to tee off. Her father’s drive went off course and struck her in the back of the head at the base of her skull, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. She died later that night after being transported to the Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City.
“[It was] a complete, fluke accident,” Hill’s uncle, David Smith, said via KUTV. “You couldn’t repeat it if you tried. She just happened to be in the exact wrong place, just directly across from him, when it happened.”
Lt. Trent Colledge of the Orem Police Department said they are not considering criminal charges in the incident. Instead, they are treating it as a “horrible accident.”
“It’s an extremely tragic accident,” Colledge said, via the Salt Lake Tribune. “I can’t imagine what that father is going through.”
The family has since set up a GoFundMe page to help offset costs of the funeral for Hill, who the family said always “brought contagious joy and light to every room or place she entered.”
“Aria was full of joy and compassion,” Smith said, via USA Today. “She loved her parents and was a proud 'sissy' to her younger twin brothers. She loved fully, and will be missed by everyone who knew her.
“This tragic accident has brought unimaginable difficulty, yet we’re grateful for the overwhelming support our family has received.”

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,463 Posts
Horrible.

But, it's common for the tee's to be set back from the cart path at many courses.

·
Registered
17,094 Posts
Tragic. Don’t see how the Uncle is an “asshole”. The OP might want to check out a mirror to see what they look like.

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
So within 24 hours they set up a GFM?? Guy can afford to golf but hasn't got 8k of so for a funeral for his daughter?? Am I wrong here??

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As usual demonstrating your lack of intelligence failing to comprehend the subject matter. You still have not acknowledged the extent of your education that I'd tagged as a high school equivalency diploma.

“[It was] a complete, fluke accident,” Hill’s uncle, David Smith, said via KUTV. “You couldn’t repeat it if you tried. She just happened to be in the exact wrong place, just directly across from him, when it happened.”

Tragic. Don’t see how the Uncle is an “asshole”. The OP might want to check out a mirror to see what they look like.

·
Registered
20,734 Posts
As usual demonstrating your lack of intelligence failing to comprehend:

Not sure why that makes him an asshole. He is just telling what happened.

·
Registered
17,254 Posts
Not sure why that makes him an asshole. He is just telling what happened.
Uncle Bob forgot to drink his Ensure this morning. He’s a little touchy...

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
As usual demonstrating your lack of intelligence failing to comprehend the subject matter. You still have not acknowledged the extent of your education that I'd tagged as a high school equivalency diploma.

I'm not seeing the a-holeness of the Uncle either. He's saying it a 1 in a million type thing to happen ,you couldn't repeat this accident on purpose.

He's coming to his brothers defense IMO

·
Registered
17,094 Posts

“that I’d tagged”

And you are questioning MY level of education?

The uncle said nothing that would earn him an “asshole” label. Get a clue qik.

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's all about being behind the plane of the ball on the T. If that child were behind the plane of the golf T that child would be here today. Anyone that has ever played golf knows a ball can fly 90 degrees to the club. But a ball essentially never goes backwards from a drive. To not risk getting hit by a ball, simply be behind the plane of the T. I will say there are still chances of an errant ball ricocheting and coming back behind that plane.

Doesn't help that the "pros" repeatedly thread balls straight through two walls of spectators. Don't forget President Ford nailed a spectator with his infamous T-shot.
The Uncle said it himself "She just happened to be in the exact wrong place" Like I stated the adults were negligent in permitting her to be in that exact wrong place.
:
“You couldn’t repeat it if you tried. She just happened to be in the exact wrong place, just directly across from him, when it happened.”

In Florida we had a golf instructor while teaching a class take a drive at a noisy red shouldered hawk in the top of a pine tree. Instructor killed the bird and faced tens of thousands in fines and jail time. Oh, Oh and just like the Uncle: “You couldn’t repeat it if you tried"
So go stand by a pin and have that instructor try to sink a drive.

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got it right I have inquired now numerous times as to your level of education.

“that I’d tagged”

And you are questioning MY level of education?

The uncle said nothing that would earn him an “asshole” label. Get a clue qik.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,080 Posts
You're a fuckin idiot...

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It's all about being behind the plane of the ball on the T. If that child were behind the plane of the golf T that child would be here today. Anyone that has ever played golf knows a ball can fly 90 degrees to the club. But a ball essentially never goes backwards from a drive. To not risk getting hit by a ball, simply be behind the plane of the T. I will say there are still chances of an errant ball ricocheting and coming back behind that plane.

Doesn't help that the "pros" repeatedly thread balls straight through two walls of spectators. Don't forget President Ford nailed a spectator with his infamous T-shot.
The Uncle said it himself "She just happened to be in the exact wrong place" Like I stated the adults were negligent in permitting her to be in that exact wrong place.
:
“You couldn’t repeat it if you tried. She just happened to be in the exact wrong place, just directly across from him, when it happened.”

In Florida we had a golf instructor while teaching a class take a drive at a noisy red shouldered hawk in the top of a pine tree. Instructor killed the bird and faced tens of thousands in fines and jail time. Oh, Oh and just like the Uncle: “You couldn’t repeat it if you tried"
So go stand by a pin and have that instructor try to sink a drive.
Of course she was in the wrong spot or else this wouldn't had happen. Nobody is denying that.

This man is paying for the worse mistake a father could make. It happened and it's over. The would'a could'a should'a bullshit makes me sick.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I had a lot of sympathy until I saw that.

It's for medical expenses also, Keep in mind that the family is probably in shock over this and the parents heads are probably in a fog. I imagine someone close to the family set this up on behalf of the parents.

At this time it was probably the last thing on their minds, I imagine all the guilt/thinking of the daughter they will never see again is filling their heads every minute they are awake. I couldn't imagine the feeling and would never want to be in that position.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It's for medical expenses also, Keep in mind that the family is probably in shock over this and the parents heads are probably in a fog. I imagine someone close to the family set this up on behalf of the parents.
I'm giving the benefit of the doubt too and assuming it's somebody close to the family that set it up (like the Uncle).

The fact is, anybody can set up a GoFraudMe account for anyone and for just about any reason.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The greens fees there are about $38.00 for a round of golf. How does that qualify you as having money to bury a child? How many of you don't piss away $40.00 on having some fun? And spend the day with your kid? I'm sure most people that donated money did it out of the shock and horror they felt for the family and wanted to show some kind of support. Nobodies an asshole here, but the father's golfing skills sure were piss poor. Sad for the little girl and the family.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts