Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to thank Curtis Boggs of RFD for his effort and great work that went into this build and also to Edelbrock for a great product and who say's edelbrock only has great street stuff? This 24* RFD Edelbrock head makes real world horse power and shows on the track. 6.796 @197.57 1.000 flat 60ft day before was .988 60ft went 4.324 @160.29 to the 1/8 this is a 240" undercover mono shock 4-link dragster 34.5 m/t tires with beadlocks. Single carb SV632 intake out of box.
A big thank you has to go out to Bob Mason at Masons race engines in scituate R.I. for his time and effort in assembly and machine work also the dyno work we put in at his shop. We do our own converters i've test a bunch of combo's and found what works pretty good. Also thanks to Dale Cubic @ CFM carbs for a consitant and fast carb. Team effort here.

Thanks Everyone
Wayne Horton

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Wow, that is moving. You certainly have the right people helping you get it done. Very impressive for sure. My hats off to all those involved great people with a lot of talent.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
very nice.seems like those heads run best in lighter cars.

·
Registered
738 Posts
"who say's edelbrock only has great street stuff?"

If I remember correctly it was you about 5 years ago @ PRI

Good Job guys

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
how about 7.90's @ 3500 lbs, leaf springs and 522"?

all my stuff is built the the application,,

but Wayne,, really nice post to make thank you,
it's been a pleasure to be part of your team.

c
thats hauling on a leaf spring/heavy car with such a small ci no doubt.

·
Registered
576 Posts
wayne how bout a little more info........cubes,runner size and how much lift??........ti valves etc??

·
Registered
287 Posts
haha, funny,

whats funny?

i was aking a question curtis,, nothing more..

is it really a leaf spring car? or a leaf spring with floaters with a ladder bar or something?

if its leaf springs,,, usually cars with leaf springs quicker than 9.0 bend them after a few runs with that weight

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
whats funny?

i was aking a question curtis,, nothing more..

is it really a leaf spring car? or a leaf spring with floaters with a ladder bar or something?

if its leaf springs,,, usually cars with leaf springs quicker than 9.0 bend them after a few runs with that weight
oh sorry,,, you've been around long enough
I thought you would know better like most others
on this site,,,
yea leaf springs with a link or something,
I'm not a suspension guy

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
OP is Wayne Horton= Top Dragster 4 link car

Nuclear Banana = Warren Racing
72 Nova (on leaf springs!)
NMCA X/S 4664

It's pulling 1.24's right now on leafs @ 3500lbs. Still dialing in the suspension and power managment right now. I've got more power that what I can handle off the line, so I'm killing a lot of power off the line.
John's Nuclear Banana went 7:99 173 at Indy XStreet
7's on leaf springs, .. wow :smt103

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
More info on the dragster. Rough cam specs, weight, compression ... etc... 1.80 glide????...

Very impressive. That is smokin! Great job Wayne. Nice work Curtis! I wanna set! :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Very nice, whats up with all the hate?

Curtis, very nice work on both the dragster and nuclear banana!

Mr. Horton, thats haulin ass! Nice run and congrats!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts