Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard much real world experience with this motor.. Good or bad lets hear. .Only chime in in if you own one or work for a Ford dealership and have hands on experience with these motors... Hope there is not a thread started already..my search wasn't working so I couldn't pull anything up..Thanks guys

·
Registered
304 Posts
what do you want to know.....ford diesel tech here
havent seen many problems..done 2 engines and a couple of turbos...

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be in the market for one come spring time...wondering if Ford finally got it right since the 6.0,6.4 messes...what problems have you seen?? Is it just a few things across the country or with more miles getting put on these motors they are seeing some trending issues..if so how major?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I have 188k on my 6.0....still running strong. A good friend just purchased 3 new 2012 with the new 6.7....he said the 6.0 feels stronger than the the 6.7. He did say the milage is a little better. The new 2012 is a good looking truck! I like the new small details and the front end. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the truck alot..whisper quiet is nice too...but owning a '02 7.3 I want that same dependability..I know the 6.0 and 6.4's with EGR delete kits really run well...but not looking for all those headaches with a new $50,000+ truck...and that is leaving out all the turbo and injector problems

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have one. Love it so far. Mine is a fully loaded F350 crew cab short bed with 3.55 gears. Only have 7200 miles on it. I bought it December 31 of last year. Wish the fuel milege would come up a little bit, so far its been a steady 15.5-16 just normal driving, hwy and city. Havent had a trailer on it yet but you can tell it has a ton of power. Havent heard really to many problems with them at all. Planning on either a leveling kit with rims and tires after the first of the year or full lift, just cant make up my mind.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I have an 11 F350 King Ranch cc dually 4x4 and love it. So far I've put 23,000 miles on it with about 5000 of them towing. It has 3.73s and will get between 10.5 and 11 towing my 44' trailer at 65 mph and 18-19 empty at 65 mph.... The only problem is driving 65! lol 75 mph towing drops the mileage to 9.7-10 and 16-17 empty. A lot of people are surprised when they find out its a diesel. My neighbors love me again since I got rid of the 7.3 with no muffler. :p

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How bad is it dealing with the Urea??how much are you guys using and how much $$ is it adding to your up keep?? Thanks you for posting up your opinions..any Techs with info??

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
How bad is it dealing with the Urea??how much are you guys using and how much $$ is it adding to your up keep?? Thanks you for posting up your opinions..any Techs with info??
The urea isn't a big deal at all. I buy it at the dealership but you can buy it just about anywhere now. It's $36 for 5 gallons at the dealership btw. It uses about one gallon of urea per 1000 miles. <- rough estimate.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
i have 30k miles on mine, I am getting 10K miles per 5 gallon tank of urea....I drive all freeway to work, two wheel drive, and dont idle a lot. It seems like 6500-7500 is the average.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have 2011 f350 cc dually! No engine problems at all! I had a AC compressor blow up with like 3000 miles on it! Warranty took care of that and no other problems!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have 30k on my 2011 F250 4x4. No problems. I love the truck!! I've owned every ford diesel except the 6.4. This truck is far superior. I tell my friends it's a 4 wheel drive Bentley.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have 30k on my 2011 F250 4x4. No problems. I love the truck!! I've owned every ford diesel except the 6.4. This truck is far superior. I tell my friends it's a 4 wheel drive Bentley.
I haven't driven in one yet...didn't want to tease myself til I was in a spot to actually buy one..does it ride better??

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I haven't driven in one yet...didn't want to tease myself til I was in a spot to actually buy one..does it ride better??
If you drive one you'll buy one. lol

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,810 Posts
I have 188k on my 6.0....still running strong. A good friend just purchased 3 new 2012 with the new 6.7....he said the 6.0 feels stronger than the the 6.7. He did say the milage is a little better. The new 2012 is a good looking truck! I like the new small details and the front end. Good luck.
Either that 6.0 is modded to death or that 6.7 is screwed up. I drove a 6.7 and it would hang with my race tune 6.0 truck.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2000 f250 here, 228k on it, no issues
And I have 185,000 on my,'02..only problem was I just replaced the IDM...no cmplaints at all with it...still have the original trans in it and have had a full Banks kit on it since 15,000 miles...trust me the 7.3 is going no where when I buy a new truck

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
During a hurricane evacuation (19 hours and went 42 miles) I did burn up the torque convertor. That was my problem though, wouldn't Blame it on truck. I would highly recommend these trucks. Bought this one brand new and will never get rid of it.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
During a hurricane evacuation (19 hours and went 42 miles) I did burn up the torque convertor. That was my problem though, wouldn't Blame it on truck. I would highly recommend these trucks. Bought this one brand new and will never get rid of it.
Like I said before...I have one of my own..I just don't want the headaches that the 6.0's and 6.4's are notorious for..that's why I'm looking for info on the 6.7's..they have been available for over a year now and haven't heard much info on them...hoping this thread could spread some info as to what thses trucks are about...would atill like to hear from some techs that have dealt with them or have seen some of the bulletins on thses 6.7 motors

1 - 20 of 67 Posts