Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99.75% Street driven 2019 Silverado 4wd 6.2 10spd

Thinking of doing a single turbo capable of 900whp. Looking for opinions on both the turbo and camshaft. I’m staying with the stock converter so the cam choice needs to take this into consideration.

Also the possibility of upgrading to a 4” crank isn’t that expensive. But is the added displacement actually making the power goal easier to reach?

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
I think if I were doing one....which I have considered, I would start with just the stock cam. It will probably be more responsive than any others you would put in even if they sacrifice a tad high end hp.
Stay reasonable about your size and your boost numbers. I'm going to take a stab that a stock 6.2 is going to take 20 psi or so to make 900.
I like the looks of the cast Holley turbo headers, and I would consider them.
I don't know how much power that 10 speed can tolerate.
Probably new pump and injectors anyhow. HP tuners and someone who knows to tune it.
A GT45 probably won't get that done. Good area for the right sized BW turbo probably. The bigger you go, the less responsive you will get and the more ultimate power you will make. If I were ever going to error on one side for a street car/truck, I would tend a little smaller. If you are wanting to tow and quick response isn't a big deal, size isn't so important. Just my opinion.
Few people have experienced a true 900 hp street car. 6-700 hp is a handful on the street. Plus, 900 hp breaks all kinds of stuff
Oh, I would get the biggest intercooler you can fit for that big vehicle. E85 gives a nice cushion too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I’m thinking some variation of a S480 BW. Fueling will be via a port injection. Transmission capability will be tested by how long it lives.

I’ll also hit up LJMS tomorrow some time tomorrow.

I’m also waiting for a quote on a 2650SC

thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts