Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Any of you play around with these 'New' Hemi's at all? I have a 6.1L that I'm turning into a 426 cube deal. 4.090" bore x 4.050" stroke, taking this thing apart, sure looks like these cooling jet sprayers are pretty damn close right now! Anybody know if when stroking these things guys are deleting them all together or...? Thanks fella's :D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
have messed with the 6.1 stroker , didnt do as good per cui as i thought , the std. 6.1 with spl. cam grind and mild head work we are hitting 440 rwhp , runs hard against blower cars with no blower. the 7.0 version only made 488 rwhp , didnt rev good.

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
Hey guys.

Any of you play around with these 'New' Hemi's at all? I have a 6.1L that I'm turning into a 426 cube deal. 4.090" bore x 4.050" stroke, taking this thing apart, sure looks like these cooling jet sprayers are pretty damn close right now! Anybody know if when stroking these things guys are deleting them all together or...? Thanks fella's :D
due to the factory ring stack hieght they are there to protect the pistons from detonation. Oil squirters are a skirt lube and piston cooling aperatus. If you can clear them, I'd keep them.

sonic check the block before boring that far.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to try & keep them, but right not I'm not so sure, LOL. Like I said, Jet oil sprayers sure look close right now! I think the block will be O.k., but am going to sonic to be sure. Thanks guys...:D.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Read the article I wrote in Pop Hot Rodding about Tony Bischoff's late hemi that killed everyone in the Engine Masters Challenge last year. On shelves now!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts