Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of a 6.0 for my 73camaro for a crusier. Ive heard alot of pepole use them but the one I found is a 2006 w/6500 miles on it. Are the newer ones as good as the earlier ones. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
If your in the market for one and interest in a swap give Ryan martin a call he is doing a 6.0 liter swap in my s10..very happy with the work so far..423 400 2699

·
Registered
595 Posts
^^^^X 2 Later models will have floated pistons/ rods in the lq4 and 9s. and they are also coated pistons. These things are pretty tough and with just a cam change will make plenty of power for a cruiser.
If your going the carb route try to find a non vvt motor to save some headaches.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,305 Posts
DO THE NEW ONES PISTON SLAP?...I KNOW MY 02 DID....BUT GOT 246,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES OUT OF IT.....AND I DROVE THE PISS OUT OF IT!

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
Mike,
there is a great LSx swap thread in the S10forum page..;)

It covers alot of issues even though the home will be a camaro.

·
Cut me in or cut it out!
2,650 Posts
DO THE NEW ONES PISTON SLAP?...I KNOW MY 02 DID....BUT GOT 246,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES OUT OF IT.....AND I DROVE THE PISS OUT OF IT!

Yea thats great. But how many transmissions was that? Just saying...........................................................

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yea thats great. But how many transmissions was that? Just saying...........................................................
if its more then 2 then someone doesnt know how to build a trans. put a grizzle sun shell in it, it will last another 150k or untill you sell it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. What about a camaro oil pan I no its a truck pan now. Will they interchange on the block.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The hummer pan is the best stock pan for the swap...make sure which one you want the LQ4 or LQ9 they are similar. The 07 and higher need the gas pedal...check the swap page mentioned above..

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have the LQ9 in my 04 Denali runs great at 172K. rated at 245 HP.

Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts