Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went and picked up a 6.0(lq9) short block on saturday dirt dirt cheap. I was told it was good to go. All stock with around 65k miles on it. ( out of 03 model)

Well today i start looking at it. It has dished pistons in it. Iv searched and searched and the only thing im finding is lq9's come with flat tops. I know its a 6.0 cause its stamped on front of block. Does anyone know about any 6.0 offered with dish pistons?

Also the set up is going to be lq9, cam ( 590/604 254/257 dur) with 799 heads ( 5.3 heads) can i mill them to bring comp. ratio higher since dished pistons.)

Thank you

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it's an LQ4 to me
It has "6.0" Stamped on front of block. Unless some how i got a motor that was rebuilt with lq4 pistons ( know people do that for low comp. for boost)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LQ4 is a 6.0 - same as mine. Difference between LQ4 and LQ9 is the LQ4 has dished pistons and the 9 has flattops - same 317 heads, rods, cam, etc......everything but the pistons are the exact same. You have an LQ4.
Thanks man. Im a idiot. I kept thinking the lq4 is a 5.3. Iv been searching half the day and hadnt reliazed it. Thank you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The rods are different between LQ9 and LQ4s also. LQ4 had pressed pin rods till 04 and LQ9s had floating pins.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rods are different between LQ9 and LQ4s also. LQ4 had pressed pin rods till 04 and LQ9s had floating pins.
Okay thanks. Ima just put 799 heads on it, big cam and spray the crap out of it.

Cant belive i searched half the day and didnt reliaze lq4 wasnt a 5.3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts