Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info? I have a 2004 with a 6.0 automatic trans 2 wheel drive , that's a shitbox! I have a 2001 7.3 with a bad trans,thinking about cramming it in there , will it work without to many mods ?any help would be appreciated !

·
****** Kong
3,880 Posts
Destroked.com all the adapters, plates, mounts, ecu, tcm, etc you would ever need to put a Cummins engine in your truck. Fuck the 7.3. Fix the problem they circled.

·
****** Kong
3,880 Posts
The 7.3 used the same injection setup (HEUI) but the hpop' s are different. A lot more wiring than just putting a p pumped 12 or 24v in it

·
3,084 Posts
Destroked.com all the adapters, plates, mounts, ecu, tcm, etc you would ever need to put a Cummins engine in your truck. Fuck the 7.3. Fix the problem they circled.
The 7.3 is better than any rattle trap Mexican made Cummins pos. And its built by International, dipshit.

It could be done but plan on a major wiring swap. Almost need a donor truck I would think.

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
Powerstroke.org
There are some there that have done it.
Scott Dees at Scotts Speed & Custom in NorCal put a 12 valve with compound turbos in his 96/96 Crewcab ford. He kept the auto trans also. I believe he told me it was like $12k for the swap with him doing all the fab work also.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really could care less what goes in its place, I just want to unass the 6.0, it's a work truck, but it gets worked on more than it gets worked out of!! Lol ! Has anyone done this? I'd put a duramax in it , if it would work

·
****** Kong
3,880 Posts
The 7.3 is better than any rattle trap Mexican made Cummins pos. And its built by International, dipshit.

It could be done but plan on a major wiring swap. Almost need a donor truck I would think.

So was the 6.blow jerk off. Hence the same injection setup. the only good international is the DT 466. Since when is cummins Mexican? Their factories are in Indiana, Kentucky, and Jamestown ny. All kinda far from Mexico, but then judging by your response I'm sure you were a stellar geography student.

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
I really could care less what goes in its place, I just want to unass the 6.0, it's a work truck, but it gets worked on more than it gets worked out of!! Lol ! Has anyone done this? I'd put a duramax in it , if it would work
Go to Powerstroke.org

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
oh god you don't want one of those pieces of shit in there. Put a Cummins in it LOL
Exactly. A 7.3 would be best & easiest. You can find a donor 03 for the wiring and ECU. You will be happiest and it will be easiest. What year is your pickup?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Exactly. A 7.3 would be best & easiest. You can find a donor 03 for the wiring and ECU. You will be happiest and it will be easiest. What year is your pickup?
It's a 04, I also have a 01 7.3 PS with a bad trans, but still runs like a top, so I have everything there , was just wondering if it was worth all the trouble!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts