Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be 6.00 index class at Sunshine Dragstrip on Wednesday May 12th. There will be two qualifying sessions with the first round at 6:30 PM, round two will be at 7:30 PM, times are approximate. Eliminations should start about 8:30. At this time the class with run an 8 car qualified field with a $50 tech card. Purse will be 100% payout, 70%-30% split for winner and runner up, semi’s $50.00. This is a new class we are trying out here, if you are interested in sponsoring please contact Chevelle Rob: [email protected]

This class is designed with the idea of street looking cars with limited lettering/decals and these are the preliminary rules adapted from last years ORSCA rules and the ODRA with some minor modifications, some of which were discussed at the divers meeting we had last week. Racer turnout and input will be taken into consideration for any future changes, just please keep in mind the intent and direction we would like this to go. In keeping with the 6.50 and 7.50 index classes already run at Sunshine this is an effort to open up the rules a bit to allow some backhalf cars a place to come race and have some fun.

6.00 Index

Class Description - Designed for door cars or trucks running a 6.00 index on a .400 tree. Class will run an 8 car qualified field on a pro ladder. Courtesy staging & Auto Start will be in effect. Bye runs - all vehicles must take the tree and run down the track. Racers are allowed a one race waiver for cosmetic/non performance rule infractions.

Interior - All cars are required to have a stock appearing dash, steering column, and both front seats in the stock location. The rear seat is optional.

Body - Any vehicle from any major manufacturer is allowed. Car must be street appearing. No full fibreglass / carbon fibre bodies unless equipped from the factory. No 1 piece front ends. All cars are required to have functioning headlights & taillights. Firewall must be in stock location. Smoothing of firewall for appearance is allowed. Minor notching for clearance is allowed. Motor plates or solid mounts are allowed.

Chassis -All entries required to have a chassis capable of certifying to a minimum of 8.50 or slower. Stock front suspension and frame rails are required and must be in the stock location. Back half with ladder bars or 4-link OK. Any tire allowed. No tube chassis cars allowed.

Engine -Any engine combination, power adders, and fuel are allowed except nitro methane. Engine must be in stock location.

Electrical -Throttle stop must be fully disconnected from
pneumatic or electrical source and throttle stop blades must be fixed. Optical sensors are prohibited. All cars are required to have a working rear taillight. Delay boxes must be disconnected. Progressive controller, RPM switch or digi-set timers allowed for nitrous activation only.

Deep Staging - Deep staging is allowed at driver’s risk.

Sponsorship Decals & Lettering - Decals and lettering is restricted to windows and quarter panels. All cars required to have identifying number posted on front and side windows.

Disqualification - Disqualification will occur in the event of: Running under the 6.00 index, crossing the centerline, or use of prohibited equipment (optical sensors, throttle stops, etc.) In the event of a disqualification, competitor will receive no points for the disqualified pass. NHRA safety rules apply. All decisions from track personnel are final.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rob, whats up with the added rule of no fiberglass front clip?

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob, whats up with the added rule of no fiberglass front clip?
That was in the ORSCA rules last year, as said above theese are preliminary and subject to modification depending on car count and class intrest.

Thanks for the intrest adn showing at the meeting. If you are ready please come on out

·
It weighs how much????
1,629 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Good luck!

Derek

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Good job Rob!

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey rob was there one of these last wed. night? if so how was the turn out....thanks
No this will be the first one, please come out

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Rob as of right now I have nothing to race with in this class but it says stock front suspension. I'm thinking about converting my Falcon over to a Mustang II or a strut front end to fit a 460 in there. Plus get rid of all them steering linkage but will still be on Leaf springs and cal trac. I know some class aloud older cars to do this conversion?

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rob as of right now I have nothing to race with in this class but it says stock front suspension. I'm thinking about converting my Falcon over to a Mustang II or a strut front end to fit a 460 in there. Plus get rid of all them steering linkage but will still be on Leaf springs and cal trac. I know some class aloud older cars to do this conversion?
you be stuck in 5.50 , bracket racing or open comp. doing that. Ithink Ralph and PBIR run 6.50 and 7.0 with open rules like that though

1 - 20 of 39 Posts