Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 05 f-250 is using alot of coolant? The coolant resevoirs keeps getting very low after like 20 miles. Its not leaking and has no white smoke out of the exhaust. I was told its the head gaskets. And i was thinking that if ford did the work then i would be in the same boat in the same amount of miles again and i cant afford that so what does everyone think of this stuff ? Is it junk what am i missing to make this thing better. Thanks

http://www.mkmcustoms.com/60powerstrokesolution.aspx
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Sounds like an EGR cooler. Pretty common on those things.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine is leaking at a hose near the turbo. Look down near the filter housings by the turbo. It didn't show on the ground (most of the time) I noticed a drip on right rear of the block when I was changing oil.
I was in Az. when I noticed it ,pulled a car back and only lost about 2 quarts.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
EGR Cooler more than likely. If it's not under warranty do the delete kit, and have them replace the oil cooler while they are in there. You will be replacing it later anyway. Save some labor $$ and get it done while they do the EGR Cooler.

·
Registered
466 Posts
EGR Cooler more than likely. If it's not under warranty do the delete kit, and have them replace the oil cooler while they are in there. You will be replacing it later anyway. Save some labor $$ and get it done while they do the EGR Cooler.

Yeah what he said ^^^^^

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
If at max boost then pull your foot off or right before a shift you hear a grunt noise, loosen the fill cap on the coolant over flow if the noise goes away its lifting the heads and there is a later model set up to repair the gasket

·
Registered
458 Posts
i own a 04. I would sell it and buy a gas motor truck. From here on out it will cost you at least a 1000 everytime something gos wrong.I love my truck,but i hate all at the same time.P.S. the first three years FORD as put over 13000 back into it. Now its starting all over again.JMO..........good day!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well ford says its head gaskets caused by turbo overboosting . I have a aftermarket warranty and they don't wanna pay shit they keep sending inspectors out trying to find a reason to make me pay for it. I am going to have to hve the turbo pulled off and have it taken apart to verify its not coaking . I am in need to a lawyer that has delt with insurance companies like this before. If you know of one let me know

·
Registered
433 Posts
My old powerstroke still going Strong will never buy another Diesel to many Headaches

Would love to put a 7,3 in a newer truck. :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Buy a head stud kit and make them use it if you do the headgaskets. Headgaskets are just another 6.0 problem along with inj cups ,egr, oil cooler, ect

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I had to bring my '06 6.0 into the dealership for an oil leak and engine performance was down.

Oil leak was coming from the bedplate, which resulted in the engine being removed to fix. The turbo was the reason for the engine performance. Thankfully my truck is still under the factory warranty.

Since the engine was out, we decided to do the ARP head stud upgrade. This we had to pay out of pocket to do.

BTW, my truck only has 16500 miles on it and it's the second time the turbo has been replaced.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sooooo does anyone know of a good lawyer to talk with? I am really thinking that i will need one to make the aftermarket insurance company pay for this they keep wanting me to let the dealership tear it down ($10,200) for everything then they will decide if they are going to pay or not thats a gamble that i cant afford to take any ideas?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts