Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out the best way to run just a alternator on my iron 6.0litre inside my 2000 Camaro? I tried the EBay alternator only brackt special and it will not bolt up to my block. Any ideas would be appriciated Thanks

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Drill and tap the block then run a BMR bracket.

Tim

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I just drilled and tapped and ran the stock fbody bracket. On my race car I ran a 3 ribbed belt with no tension for the last 4-5 years.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Any more pictures of this? How did you mount the bottom side?
Thanks
TJ
I made this setup it fits closer than the f body bracket and requires no drilling on the block.

·
Registered
386 Posts
^ this.. and would this work on the passenger side? I just got my LQ4 and havent looked at it enough to know, but I want to mount my alternator lower pass side, and P/s pump lower drivers side. I wonder how I could rig that up.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Sorry I can't get any better pics of it as its in the car now, but the bottom bolts into an existing threaded hole just to the right of the timing cover with a spacer to give it the proper alignment. I guess I just assumed the 6.0 has that same hole but if it doesn't a similar bracket could easily be made to bolt to the timing cover down low to give the alternator a bottom support.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Drill and tap the block, and use the stock ls1 fbody alternator bracket...
Don't use the side bracket at all, just use the main front one that holds the alternator.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I did a quick and easy mount on my 6.0 iron block, similar to 2bad. No drilling or taping the block required. Like he said, a thin ~¼" shim between the block and the lower alternator mounting hole and an adjustable rod from a water pump bolt to the top alternator mounting hole.

·
Registered
96 Posts
^What alternator are you using?
TJ

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm running the modular turbo bracket look over on tech.. There nice no drilling or anything..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did a quick and easy mount on my 6.0 iron block, similar to 2bad. No drilling or taping the block required. Like he said, a thin ~¼" shim between the block and the lower alternator mounting hole and an adjustable rod from a water pump bolt to the top alternator mounting hole.
Sweet looks good and simple is that a F body alt. ?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'll have to admit, I don't know what alternator I am using. It has the plug connector at 2 o'clock when facing the pulley.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Running a delco race alternator only on our car, mounted on the passenger side with asp ud pulley and vrib 15 series belt with a 283 balancer bolted onto the front of the asp ud pulley

1 - 20 of 34 Posts