Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for something I can make from components from Radio Shack. I have been using the same sensor as my MSD by tapping into the signal out, but want to use a seperate sensor for data logging. I also want to add a couple other 5v sensors. I hear that I need capacitors to smooth out noise and a regulator? I need a diagram and parts list. Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that looks way nicer than what I could build! Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
703 Posts
That's what I thought also when I first saw them. I couldn't breadboard something that looked that good and the price was well worth it.

I actually bought 2 of them although 1 would have been fine. I run a fuel and oil pressure transducer off one and 2 MAP sensors off the other (Intake and crankcase). I don't think all 4 would draw enough amps to be a problem for just one of these.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The EBAY piece looks like a pretty good option for some people. If you decide to make your own, go to Mouser or Digikey and search for AP1084. It is a 5v regulator that comes in a couple different packages. Then put a 0.1uf capacitor in front of the 1084 and a 1.0 uf cap behind it. When sourcing caps, make sure the max rated voltage for the cap exceeds the voltage in the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts