Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i'm about to order my race seat and well..i've always had a roll bar in a car when getting a 5pt harness.so the shoulder belts always been tied in to the cage bar.

wondering how you guys mount them when not using a roll bar or cage in the car..do yall mount them just like the crotch belt with the backing plate an bolt threw the floor?

also i read some where that the v shoulder belts are no longer legal in nhra an ihra..is this true? i was going to use this style seeing it will probley be alittle easier.

i figure its better to ask vs just going on how i think its done..i would rather not fuck around when it comes to safty.

thanks

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I think for the most part, if the car doesn't require a bar (slower than 11.49) they require only a lap belt. The reasoning behind this was there were more back injuries with floor mounted shoulder harness due to compression of the spine from pulling down instead of back.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the car wont be faster then 11.50s till i get the real engine done for it and then i will be adding a cage at that time.

but my bu gots a bench seat in it right now and i want to get it out thats why i'm going to the race seat and my belt wont work in the car..i guess i might be able to use the rear seat belts as a temp set up till i get the cage then..

i wasn't sure on the e.t rules an belts though

·
T/S 368E
33,651 Posts

The Y belt is not legal. They did not like the 2 into one going down to the floor.
The V style is legal, at least it better be, all my cars are V style.
If you don't have a cage of some sort, the V style is not long enough to reach the floor.
Good luck & be as safe as possible.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks..guess i will have to go with the indivetal ones.

anyone got pics or tips on how to get them to the floor?

do yall weld the plate to the floor or just sandwitch them?

you think it would be better to use a plate under and on top of the holes for the belts in the floor?

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
thanks..guess i will have to go with the indivetal ones.

anyone got pics or tips on how to get them to the floor?

do yall weld the plate to the floor or just sandwitch them?

you think it would be better to use a plate under and on top of the holes for the belts in the floor?

Yes !
Overkill when it comes to safety never has hurt anybody.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright

guess i'm going to use the eye bolt set up combined with a plate..not sure if i should go with the snap achor or the bolt in/threw style though..

anyone got pics.

thanks also..like i said i would rather not fuck around when it comes to safty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts