Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just finished a 598 BBC at 10.6 CR .It made 924 HP at 6600 RPM and 795 torque at 5500 RPM,Combo is AFR 385 otb ports angled milled to 106cc.Merlin X manifold otb,Mech roller,904 Isky EZX ,Callies crank and rods, Mahle flat top pistons,Jesel rockers and belt,Moroso vac pump,pan and billet oil pump,AED Pro Street Dominator with power valve in front.We ran it on Sunoco 93 octane from closest dealer.Going in a top shelf 69 Camaro ProStreet car.Bill C.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
We just finished a 598 BBC at 10.6 CR .It made 924 HP at 6600 RPM and 795 torque at 5500 RPM,Combo is AFR 385 otb ports angled milled to 106cc.Merlin X manifold otb,Mech roller,904 Isky EZX ,Callies crank and rods, Mahle flat top pistons,Jesel rockers and belt,Moroso vac pump,pan and billet oil pump,AED Pro Street Dominator with power valve in front.We ran it on Sunoco 93 octane from closest dealer.Going in a top shelf 69 Camaro ProStreet car.Bill C.

Very Nice, Bill!!:smt066 Do I understand correctly that the heads/intake were outta-box other than an angle mill and basic port match?? That's damn stout!

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Sounds like a nice piece.what kind of air does heads move?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Dam your on a roll. Next one you post better have a video!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Nice, Bill!!:smt066 Do I understand correctly that the heads/intake were outta-box other than an angle mill and basic port match?? That's damn stout!
No additional work done to heads or manifold that is correct John,room for improvement!Bill C.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
And that with a relatively small cam. Nice work Bill. Seems like you have been doing a few pump gas builds lately. I appreciate you posting. Gives me all kinds of ideas.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow awesome numbers! You guys are doing a good job proving the power potential of pump gas
Matt

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I have been enjoying the builds you have been posting lately! Thanks for sharing.

I always liked the idea of angle milling the head on a BBC to get the chamber size down and love the idea of a flat top piston.

Bill, have you done this with a std deck BBC.. I am interested in 496 builds.

Does angle milling the head and cutting the chamber become a negative on some head designs? Could you effect the flow and cause a loss of power?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
What does it cost 2 build?:confused:

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Do you think with a more aggressive cam and porting those heads and intake there could be another 100 horse in a build like that?
IMO those heads certainly don't need to be any bigger port-wise but I'd say there's more power in porting the intake. Heads might like a bigger valve. Nice numbers but I'm a little surprised it didn't break 800 lbs/ft.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IMO those heads certainly don't need to be any bigger port-wise but I'd say there's more power in porting the intake. Heads might like a bigger valve. Nice numbers but I'm a little surprised it didn't break 800 lbs/ft.
Scott ,This engine will run on 92-93 octane so we were cautious with DCR and maybe played a little safe with valve events,We are pleased with results and would have gone after the manifold if it was not on target,also cylinder to cylinder AF ratios were very close.Bill C.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts