Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short the car was cert'd for 8.50. I had a fire street driving it and it burnt pretty bad. Im rebuilding but have some questions on what I should do. The original plan was 25.2/25.5 but I do street drive it some. I do not class race as I do not have the budget to do so and be competitive. Was thinking of putting it back to 8.50 and having the floor and roof done 25.5 so If I do need to update to 7.50 later we can add the door x and the F\C halo. So my questions are do we cut the stock floor out cut the frame at the firewall and do it 3\4 chrome moly do a double frame rail and convert it to 4 link from ladder bar, put our own steel floors back in it, or leave the stock floor and frame, do a moly tube back half and leave it ladder bar. Trying to make some logical decisions and not turn it into a full blown race car. Would like to keep the stock steering column and keep the seats in a somewhat stock location I dont want to sit in the back of the car, and by street driving I do not travel far just down to the local car show or to work once in awhile no long distance stuff the current engine is 14.8-1 conventional head 565 with a turbo 400 and 5800 stall I plan to spray no more than 200-350

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No advice? Opinions?

·
Registered
13,257 Posts
I recently did a similar job to a friends 68 mustang. It had been back halved several years ago but was put on the back burner because of family obligations. The engine he has to start with should run in the eights with the spray but he plans to update in the not so distant future as all the kids are finally grown and out of the house. I cut the stock front floor pans out and added a strut front end. We did exactly what your asking, put all the required bars in the floor so that all it will need in the future is the addition of the funny car and door x bars.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response still street driven at all?

·
Registered
13,257 Posts
No it is not, but I think doing the floor bars is still a good idea if it were, much less work to update the cert later.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks think I will have the floor and roof stuff done 25.5 so if needed I can update later, still trying to decide to do it using the factory rails to the back half or do tube from the firewall back, leaning towards just having the back half redone and keeping my stock rails and floor and making a new trans tunnel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts