Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 355 is alive again. Fresh block with billet main caps, a few cylinder head revisions, and a second carburetor.
The backup engine has been in the car for a year and half, its good but its not this one. Got a new pair of carbs we'll be testing pretty soon. Hope there's it little something left in it.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
The 355 is alive again. Fresh block with billet main caps, a few cylinder head revisions, and a second carburetor.
The backup engine has been in the car for a year and half, its good but its not this one. Got a new pair of carbs we'll be testing pretty soon. Hope there's it little something left in it.

Wow thats cool.What was et? 6.1 in 1/8?

·
Long Live The King
108,819 Posts
That dinosaur can run ... ;)

Great job to all involved.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car gets shifted at 7000rpm. The engine doesn't really make power over that with the longer runner intake. These engine can only run flat tappets, with 370lbs over the nose we don't try to rev it much over that, about 7200rpm at the end of the quarter.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from a track rental day at Barona. DA was around 3600 ft, about 1500ft higher than Sacramento last weekend. Car went 6.19-6.21 @ 109.75 -110.1 mph with a minor jet change. Battled around a bit with the new carbs and ended the day at 6.15 @ 111.25 mph. Considering the DA change I'm thinking were up a few ponies.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Lots of miles between those two tracks. Sacramento is known as a “fast” track. May be more difference than you think .

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were San Diego locals so Barona is our home track. Division 7 Summit Finals were last weekend at Sacramento. We don't get there to often, its a long ways..
We've been trying to make C Gas for a couple years and it always been a little out of our reach. I think we've got a fightin' chance right now. The ladder is getting tossed for a 4 link. The wheel standing thing doesn't help with .4 pro lights.

·
Registered
25,494 Posts

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
The car gets shifted at 7000rpm. The engine doesn't really make power over that with the longer runner intake. These engine can only run flat tappets, with 370lbs over the nose we don't try to rev it much over that, about 7200rpm at the end of the quarter.
Lol that’s even more impressive

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
If I told you the valve sizes were 1.97"int 1.51"exh would laugh more.
No. Im starting to hear that more and more. Dragboss had the interview with Darin Morgan and he said in Clevelands most 2.19 valves way to big. When we flow tested the small valve 4v 2.08 valve that was the highest flowing head stock Cleveland we ever flowed. So no i can see it. Morgan claims velocity at valve is more important than volume in most cases.Those. Yblock heads must’ve been severely under rated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oem Y block heads leave something to be desired, our heads do alot to straighten out some of the problems they have but do to nature of heads that retain Oem manifolds and valve train much of the original DNA is still there.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oem Y block heads leave something to be desired, our heads do alot to straighten out some of the problems they have but do to nature of heads that retain Oem manifolds and valve train much of the original DNA is still there.
Hi Mummert,

Would you be willing to post a picture of the engine? I am curious to see what the intake looks like.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Long Live The King
108,819 Posts
Here's another:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts