Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true, it's not cut up, but it is double butt ugly. I wouldn't hate it so bad if he had taken a little time to build a better looking front end.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
My friend has a 61? Corvette that was a straight front axle, tilt front end drag car he found years ago in a barn. Its even got the warrior fighting the dragon and the naked girls laying all around, airbrushed on the trunk lid. It sat at his house for years, but he finally got it to run, painted it flat white and brought it out to the Syracuse Nats in rat rodish condition last weekend. He said people freaked out about the car being set up like that...

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
29,156 Posts
I would never consider a '56 Vette as rat rod material. Some things you just don't do. My $.02

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Rat rodding a 56 vette just isn't cool. Never was never will be. Maybe the car will make it into a caring garage and get restored to its rightful condition.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My guess would be that the car was in an accident that destroyed the front end...... & he just never repaired it. He probably wanted something to drive, so he threw a radiator on it & called it good.
Apparently he has the parts to put it back together, but either doesn't have the time of the money to finish it. I seriously doubt anyone would cut the front off one of those cars to make a "rat-rod" corvette.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
That is Rod Saborys(sp) listing. He flips vettes on craiglist all the time. I am sure he just bought it did a few things and is trying to make a buck.

·
This Space For Lease
2,327 Posts
Perfect to take to a Corvette show... The reactions of the gold chainer pukes would be priceless... It would look better with the front end on (in the same condition), though..

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I figured that was Rods, he always has something working-with the front end, could be a cool project-drop in a supercharged LS, OD trans

1 - 16 of 16 Posts