Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some input on the possibility of using a 55mm .520 lobe cam in a 10.2 bb chevy with std cam height and 4.750 stroke. Will be using Oliver rods. I'm almost certain that a 54mm and 4.625 clears ok. Thanks in advance for any info!!!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
We have three 10.200" deck brodix std. cam hgt. blocks with 4.750" stroke and aluminum rods using 55mm roller cams. It get close and should check clearance but with an steel rod I would think you should have more room. As for the .520 lobe I'd have to look at notes to see what lobes we are using. Good luck..

·
Registered
556 Posts
Our 632 (10.2" x 4.75") is also using a standard cam location. We use a 55mm cam core with 0.575 lobe lift and 0.903 lifters. We have to clearance teh rod a little (Oliver steel) to clear this cam but it is not a problem. Not every rods need clearance either.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume that you are using a 2.200 rod pin? I am considering going with the 2.100 small chevy pin. The small chevy Oliver rods are profiled smaller on the od than the big chevy. Whats your thought on using the 2.100 pin? I know it will make balancing a lot easier. I will be looking to make 1200 hp

·
Registered
135 Posts
Make sure Oliver still makes the small journal rods, I was told by someone on here I did not verify but was told that they quit making them do to a small market for them. I have two small journal cranks now that I may use in the near future.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes I am using the 2.200" pin size. I do not think Oliver make the 2.100" pin for BBC anymore but I can check with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts