Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New engine and trying to decide on what plug to use
540 World Block, Edelbrock Max Wedge Victor heads, 700" lift roller,E85 1050, PG, fenderwell headers so no interference issues. Naturally aspirated till the bugs are worked out and then a 300 plate shot. What to use then.

I have read a little about Champion C61CX plugs but they are hard to get. The heads take the 14mm 3/4 reach gasket style. Edelbrock website only talks about stock style street plugs.

Thanks, you guys always seem to help even if you have to take a little poking.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I don't remember the exact number, but I do know our E85 440 likes ngk -7 plugs.

I started by asking here: http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/About_nGK/formtech.asp

and moved up and down a few heat ranges, and ended up back to where they recommended.

What compression do you have, and did you have anything done to the heads? What horsepower? I think a 540 like you have is going to be our next step.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
13 to 1 and the heads have been ported to flow about 395cfm. Not dyno'ed but built with close to 800hp as the target.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
13 to 1 and the heads have been ported to flow about 395cfm. Not dyno'ed but built with close to 800hp as the target.
Thanks.
I think you should put it on a dyno if you really want to test some parts. Funny, i happen to have one just down the street from you. :)

anyway, you can get the C61CX plugs from rockauto.com

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts