Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Is this Infomaniac the old Mod from HOTBOAT?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
no question. Just sharing the project in it's horrible looking stage.

And yep its me Zero
So after all these yrs your going from Supercharged over to the Dark side huh.

No more WHIPPLES? :smt077

Ohh and your picture is just a BIG OL RED X!!!

Heavyboat

·
LP-25.com
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Mr Heavyboat. How is the lead sled running? It did run very well last I remember.

And thanks for the red x heads up. It's apparently in my cache so it shows up for me. I had wondered why no one had commented on how ugly of a mockup it was. :)

Performanceboats.com is where a lot of the Hot Boat peeps are now.

Moving to the darkside for sure. The blown injected stuff is just too easy. Time to challenge ourselves.

·
Ronald Reagans Ultra Ego.
7,452 Posts
too bad its a Chubby.......;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice job getting 2 injectors per runner. Have you tried that before and does it have enough room to spray.
Nice build by the way.

·
LP-25.com
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks, It's not optimum by any means. But I think it will work well. We have an excess of HP so optimizing is not a necessity. Counterbored the tops of the blocks so the discharge of the nozzled are 1/4" up from the intake runner. They were 1/2" up there. Will be quite a bit of methanol going in there.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ya know turbo engines dont work in boats right? lol looks great ron! cant wait to see what it does on a track, gna shut up alot of naysayers!!!

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,821 Posts
Why the rectangular blocks on the bottom side of the fuel rails? Trying to get the rails up higher for some reason? Never saw it done before. I know how much "fun" it is trying to drill the fuel rails for the injectors when all you have is a big Sears drill press! Would love to have some "REAL" equipment to work with! Hell, when I went to drill and tap the ends of the rails for the O-Ring AN stuff the tool wouldn't fit in my damn drill press. Had to use an old, and I mean REALLY OLD and HUGE two-handed drill with a 3/4" chuck and do it by hand. What a PITA!

·
LP-25.com
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The blocks are the same as any extruded fuel rail. They just don't go down the entire length of the rail like an extruded one. We drilled and tapped the rail ends in a lathe before welding them in the ends.

Used 1" tubing to make sure there is enough fuel.

Why the rectangular blocks on the bottom side of the fuel rails? Trying to get the rails up higher for some reason? Never saw it done before. I know how much "fun" it is trying to drill the fuel rails for the injectors when all you have is a big Sears drill press! Would love to have some "REAL" equipment to work with! Hell, when I went to drill and tap the ends of the rails for the O-Ring AN stuff the tool wouldn't fit in my damn drill press. Had to use an old, and I mean REALLY OLD and HUGE two-handed drill with a 3/4" chuck and do it by hand. What a PITA!

·
from across the pond...
6,943 Posts
We did it that way 4 years ago....

FYI,The stands you have for your rails will not work that way OP. If you look at the middle of the rail on this pic you'll see the upright stands.
Keep them as they are and you'll blow the rails clean off first full pressure pull..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Hello Mr Heavyboat. How is the lead sled running? It did run very well last I remember.

And thanks for the red x heads up. It's apparently in my cache so it shows up for me. I had wondered why no one had commented on how ugly of a mockup it was. :)

Performanceboats.com is where a lot of the Hot Boat peeps are now.

Moving to the darkside for sure. The blown injected stuff is just too easy. Time to challenge ourselves.
Good to hear your still kickin!

The car is running fine, ran a k11rotor and took the heavy car to mid 7's. Ohh thats on pavement not that wet stuff you run on, lol

Ya, Ive switched to turbo's as well.. 548ci twin promod 88's on efi methonal :smt067 What injectors are you running?

·
LP-25.com
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are Bosch 160's

And thanks for the heads up Redvictor. You can stand on those rails with no injectors in them. They are stronger than it looks.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,821 Posts
I think Redvictor is saying your fuel rails may come-up from the manifold from pressure. It is hard to tell what size those bolts are that hold them down. Mine isn't pretty, but there is no way it will ever lift up:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts