Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a 509 bbc sharoff motor for sale cheap that needs freshened. don't know much about these, has the brodix BB2 heads on it. Are they a decent combo or not?? any input is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
They are a decent bracket or index class type engine. Usually good torque lower RPM motors. JMO , RM

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The combos I know of were small bore long stroke. They didn't like anything over 7 grand normally. We use to shift them about 6600 or less. RM

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it's a 3260# camaro. I always had small blocks so the big block field is new to me.Got a good deal on it so thinking of trying it. Also considered putting a 4.250 crank in it right away while it's apart but not sure yet which route to go. thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
this combo is a 4.50 bore and 4.00 stroke and the BB2 plus heads. Scrapmetal do you like yours?
That is a bigger bore shorter stroke combo that we use to run. That should be a much better combo than we had. We ran stock blocks and they couldn't take that bore. RM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.