Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need an opinion here. Using your expertise, how much horsepower do you think I could make using an F-1 Procharger and a 500 cube BBC engine with C&S Blow-Thru on Alcohol?

I have a chance to buy these parts seperately and was just wondering how much HP I could possibly make on it, or is the Procharger too small to make and "decent" horsepower with 500 cubes?

What do you guys think? Any chance of getting this to make any good horsepower?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I would consider an F2 with a 500ci BBC if that was an option. The Alcohol will help you make power but the F1 may be a bit small for you and not allow much development.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have a Vortech YSI which is close to a F1 on a SBC-400 I am run it about at 90% of redline and making 1004 hp.,I would not want a blower this small on a engine larger then what I have.....I would bet a F1 would not put out more then 1150 on a 500 CI. engine....F2 eazy 1500 hp.....OLDHEAD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So your suggestion would be to move over to an F-2 unit from Prochrger if I use this 500 cube engine.

I have another question on that recommendation. Can you guys give me an idea of what I might be able to achieve, Horspower wise, with an F-2, Alcohol, a Blow-Thru and 500 inches of Chevy?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
At a guess I would say 1800hp. Alcohol normally makes about 20% more power than gas and the limit for an F2 with that engine is about 1500hp give or take. Mine (540ci) should make 1200-1300 @16-20lbs boost.

For that kind of power you will need the dogs danglies in block prep and heads though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts