Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI what change in hook up can i expect going from 275/50/15 m/t drag radial to a 275/60/15 26 inch verses 28 inch ,mounted on a 9 inch rim taller sidewall ment to be better hook better but how much better? same width dont want to change me gearing to much ,3.42 gears 4000 stall flash b/b 454 plus 150-200 shot spray best i have had is 1.66 60ft with 26 inch tall m/t drag radials on slapper bars wheelspin sometimes when hittin spray on 150shot in first gear 10 ft out 15.5 psi ,has m/t started producing 275 drag radials yet heard they had productin issues ,any thoughts on this be good
thanks
victtor
new zealand

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,239 Posts
it all depends on the combo really..alot of things can factor into it but in gen you should be able to get rid of that spin..i would look into gettting some cal-tracs,split leafs and some good da shocks out back..with that and the tires you shouldn't have any problem with getting it to hook

as for the tires they are back out in full force now from what i understand

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI thanks for reply ,another quick ques will my tyre diameter alter much by installing on 9 inch rim i see m/t says use 8 inch rim my thought was stretching tyre out on wider rim might make overall tyre dia smaller any thoughts on this thanks
victtor

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
HI thanks for reply ,another quick ques will my tyre diameter alter much by installing on 9 inch rim i see m/t says use 8 inch rim my thought was stretching tyre out on wider rim might make overall tyre dia smaller any thoughts on this thanks
victtor
I ran 275's on an 8" and 9" wheel and the differance in height was maybe 1/4". It did make the tread much flatter and used the outer edge of the tread much more on the 9" wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.