Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49,338 Posts
I gave the reason why it all started. It's up to the OP to check things like injector,valve springs,bore prep,rings,pistons,timing,ECU,plugs,etc..
I don't know how it happened but i know 100% when you burn a tip off the plug it's because of excessive heat in the cylinder. That is almost always caused by detonation..:smt023
mod motors have some unique problems with ring seal. Thats why I was asking how the bores measured up. I agree it started with detonation. The issue is What cuased the oil contamination that lead to the fialure we see now.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Plugs were tossed but Gil Nevarez of NRP tuner/driver of the Sandlin Lumbar PSCA Pro car did spend an hour looking them over.

Tuneup looked spot on for the 7 other plugs #5 showed hot.

He also looked at plugs from a higer boost pass and did say he would like to see me go one range colder when I turn the boost up again.

Went with a teksid block this time and did not check the old one but still have it (you would have to tell me how to check it)... I do know the Rods, Bearings, Crank and 7 other Pistons and Rings looked good.

·
Registered
49,338 Posts
Plugs were tossed but Gil Nevarez of NRP tuner/driver of the Sandlin Lumbar PSCA Pro car did spend an hour looking them over.

Tuneup looked spot on for the 7 other plugs #5 showed hot.

He also looked at plugs from a higer boost pass and did say he would like to see me go one range colder when I turn the boost up again.

Went with a teksid block this time and did not check the old one but still have it (you would have to tell me how to check it)... I do know the Rods, Bearings, Crank and 7 other Pistons and Rings looked good.
Have a machinist measure the bores. Teksid block eh ? Have the bores measured.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts