Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The time has come for new belts. Currently using GForce latch style. I think I'm going to try camlock this time. Anyone know who makes jegs/summit belts and Is anyone still offering free/discounted recert? Any brands that I should avoid?
Thanks guys

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts

Last I checked, the gold package belts or what ever they call them did not have free certs, it was twice as much money!!

I've been use the old style for decades and every time I think I should change, I chicken out and get the same old style.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I believe RJS makes some of Jegs, RJS camlock belts are what several of us locally use. They are less expensive and work well.. You can call and talk to their tech guy and he is very informative. Their online site is not very helpful as far as part numbers though. None of the recertification deals are any good. Time you pay shipping both ways. Just buy new and sell your old ones to rock crawler and other open wheel users that don't care about SFI. I just list them on Craig's List and they sell.

·
T/S 368E
27,699 Posts

I give mine to a buddy with dirt track friends.

·
Registered
763 Posts
For camlock belts I prefer the cam on the crotch belt, especially fora dragster. Not all are placed in the same belt, so ask before buying if you have a preference.

I have used different brands over the years. I used to use M&R when they were local.

I think my next pair will be from PRO 1. Made in Texas by a racer.

PRO 1 SAFETY

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
RCI recerts their Platinum belts once for $20. I've got a set to be done yet, don't really care for the adjusters on the lap belts though.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Love my Stroud belts and their recert is $65, manufactured in OKC. Simpson doesn't recert. Pro 1 makes nice belts and they do recert I don't know the cost, manufactured in Ft. Worth. Both Stroud and Pro1 are on the crotch belt. I previously used the RCI and while they are decent the material was stiffer and a little harder to adjust. I had to order the camlock on the crotch belt. All were camlocks. I will never use latch belts but it's purely a personal preference thing.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,382 Posts
The time has come for new belts. Currently using GForce latch style. I think I'm going to try camlock this time. Anyone know who makes jegs/summit belts and Is anyone still offering free/discounted recert? Any brands that I should avoid?
Thanks guys

RCI Platinum offers 1 free recert, so it's basically a 4 year cert. I've done a few sets of these and RCI rewebs and sends them back pretty fast.

·
Vendor
6,437 Posts
Thanks guys
Mike, I don't know of any FREE recerts. They are all pretty much in the $60 range. I sell a variety of brands and have good luck with Pro1 belts lately as far as popularity. They are made in the USA as are belts from NecksGen. They aren't the least expensive but you will like them. I also sell, Pyrotect, Racequip, RJS, and others. G-Force has been hard to get lately with their new ownership taking over but I believe they are slowly getting inventory back on the shelves. Let me know if you have any specific brand questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update. I emailed RCI and never got a reply. I needed them for today, so I ordered the camlock Jegs branded ones. They are made in the USA, they feel pretty good and they are good until 12/22. So I'll get 3 seasons out of them.
I decided to go with the camlock. It's going in a double entered bracket car so I'm in and out of it a lot.

·
Vendor
6,437 Posts
Just an update. I emailed RCI and never got a reply. I needed them for today, so I ordered the camlock Jegs branded ones. They are made in the USA, they feel pretty good and they are good until 12/22. So I'll get 3 seasons out of them.
I decided to go with the camlock. It's going in a double entered bracket car so I'm in and out of it a lot.
Damn wish I could have helped.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts