Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
37,477 Posts
Use short ribs for Denny's recipe.

For the rack, I'd just hit with some SPG and smoke'em indirect for a few hours and then wrap'em up with about a cup or so of beef broth then back on the grill indirect till they reach an IT of 205-210, they are so good that way.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charlie,,I been on the tractor all day,,,I told her to slice and cook according to the short rib recipe,,,heading in to see how they turned out,,let u know in the morning.

·
Registered
20,476 Posts
Been a month.....well??

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for not checking back,,she sliced/separated them,,cooked according to Denny's recipe are they were Fantastic!!!

They were cheap ,tender, and tasted better than most of the steaks we have been getting lately.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,477 Posts
Sorry for not checking back,,she sliced/separated them,,cooked according to Denny's recipe are they were Fantastic!!!

They were cheap ,tender, and tasted better than most of the steaks we have been getting lately.
Is that the recipe with the asian pear and all that jazz? :smt102

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Is there any way to do a small rack like that in an oven and have them turn out decent? The only grill I have currently is gas. What's SPG?

·
Former RJ instigator
37,477 Posts
Is there any way to do a small rack like that in an oven and have them turn out decent? The only grill I have currently is gas. What's SPG?
You could cook them in-direct on a gas grill and use a smoke box for the smokey flavor.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,477 Posts
No , just the McCormick steak seasoning,,seal in roaster pan 2 hrs etc.
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I've been wanting to make his Korean short rib recipe for sometime now, but I haven't been able to find any decent looking short ribs, most have so very little meat they're not even worth it.

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I've been wanting to make his Korean short rib recipe for sometime now, but I haven't been able to find any decent looking short ribs, most have so very little meat they're not even worth it.
Buy the nice meaty beef ribs , freeze them, sawzall or hacksaw with a clean blade.

Instant short ribs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts