Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a 5 bar map sensor with a GM plug used on MSDs?
Thanks

·
SB2.2 + pt106
1,928 Posts
the only 5 bar map sensor i have ever seen is like a pressure transducer style and the plug is totally different.
You could make an adapter harness that plugs into your 7531 map port and then goes to the new 5 bar map sensor plug

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does fast have a site?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
FAST just buy's a sensor from another company that makes just sensors, puts them in their box and ships them out. There was a link on yb to the site at one time...i bought a FAST 5bar and it was the same manufactures sticker on there....paid like 200 bucks for that shit.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
AEM never actually made their sensors. The AEM sensor is a rebadged SSI unit these days, and used to be Kavlico back in the day IIRC. Another option I've recently heard of, if you have the ability to set up parameters for any sensor you want, is the Omni 4 bar map sensor. It uses the full 5 volt range for better resolution, while the SSI/AEM sensor only uses 4 volts (.5v-4.5v), which can be nice in some applications. Kavlico and SSI are the typical transducer style with the 1/8th NPT fitting, but the Omni sensor is the GM style.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts